Indian Fried Cauliflower
4-6 As A Snack
- 1 small/medium sized cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons KEEN’s Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- 1 cup water
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to fry
- 20 fresh curry leaves
- lemon to serve
- 1 cup Coles Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup mint, leaves picked
- ½ cup coriander, leaves picked
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat the oil in a large deep sided frying pan over a medium heat, around 160 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together both the flours, salt, KEEN’s Curry Powder and KEEN’s Chilli Powder until well combined. Slowly whisk in the water until you have a smooth batter.
- Working in batches, fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Fry the curry leaves for 10 seconds, or until crisp.
- Blend all the yoghurt dressing ingredients with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- To serve, place the fried cauliflower on a large platter. Garnish with a pinch of sea salt, fried curry leaves, yoghurt dressing and lemon wedges.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...