Indian Fried Cauliflower
4-6 As A Snack
- 1 small/medium sized cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons KEEN’s Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- 1 cup water
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to fry
- 20 fresh curry leaves
- lemon to serve
- 1 cup Coles Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup mint, leaves picked
- ½ cup coriander, leaves picked
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat the oil in a large deep sided frying pan over a medium heat, around 160 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together both the flours, salt, KEEN’s Curry Powder and KEEN’s Chilli Powder until well combined. Slowly whisk in the water until you have a smooth batter.
- Working in batches, fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Fry the curry leaves for 10 seconds, or until crisp.
- Blend all the yoghurt dressing ingredients with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- To serve, place the fried cauliflower on a large platter. Garnish with a pinch of sea salt, fried curry leaves, yoghurt dressing and lemon wedges.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...