Indian Fried Cauliflower
4-6 As A Snack
- 1 small/medium sized cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons KEEN’s Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- 1 cup water
- Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil to fry
- 20 fresh curry leaves
- lemon to serve
- 1 cup Coles Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup mint, leaves picked
- ½ cup coriander, leaves picked
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat the oil in a large deep sided frying pan over a medium heat, around 160 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together both the flours, salt, KEEN’s Curry Powder and KEEN’s Chilli Powder until well combined. Slowly whisk in the water until you have a smooth batter.
- Working in batches, fry the cauliflower for 3-4 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and repeat with remaining cauliflower. Fry the curry leaves for 10 seconds, or until crisp.
- Blend all the yoghurt dressing ingredients with a stick blender or in a food processor until smooth.
- To serve, place the fried cauliflower on a large platter. Garnish with a pinch of sea salt, fried curry leaves, yoghurt dressing and lemon wedges.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...