2 – 4 people
- 2 Simsons Pantry black rice wraps
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 green chilli, sliced,
- ¼ bunch coriander, stems and leaves separated
- ½ teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- pinch ground turmeric
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup Coles coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 lemon to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Brush the wraps with 1 tablespoon of the oil and fry for 1 minute each side, or until slightly crisp and puffy. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place the remaining oil back into the same frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the onion with a pinch of salt for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly golden. Add in the ginger, mustard seeds, half the chilli, coriander stems and cumin seeds. Cook off the spices for 2 minutes to release their fragrance.
- Beat the turmeric, eggs, coconut cream and a pinch of sea salt in a bowl and pour in the pan with the spices. Cook on a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spatula until the eggs are just set.
- Place the eggs onto serving plates with the warm wraps and top with the remaining chilli, coriander leaves, shredded coconut and a wedge of lemon.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Rose or Sauvignon Blanc.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...