2 – 4 people
- 2 Simsons Pantry black rice wraps
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 green chilli, sliced,
- ¼ bunch coriander, stems and leaves separated
- ½ teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- pinch ground turmeric
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup Coles coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 lemon to serve
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Brush the wraps with 1 tablespoon of the oil and fry for 1 minute each side, or until slightly crisp and puffy. Set aside and keep warm.
- Place the remaining oil back into the same frying pan on a medium heat. Cook the onion with a pinch of salt for 3-4 minutes, or until slightly golden. Add in the ginger, mustard seeds, half the chilli, coriander stems and cumin seeds. Cook off the spices for 2 minutes to release their fragrance.
- Beat the turmeric, eggs, coconut cream and a pinch of sea salt in a bowl and pour in the pan with the spices. Cook on a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spatula until the eggs are just set.
- Place the eggs onto serving plates with the warm wraps and top with the remaining chilli, coriander leaves, shredded coconut and a wedge of lemon.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Rose or Sauvignon Blanc.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...