4 – 6 people
- 500gm Coles Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup Coles Long Grain Rice
- 1 tsp. KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- 1 tin Ardmona Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Stock Chicken
- 2 T Cobram Estate Robust Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 raw smoky chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice & chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a deep frypan over a medium-high heat, add chicken pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly golden on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to a medium heat. Add the onions and chorizo and cook, stirring often for 3-4 minutes until chorizo caramelises slightly and the onions become translucent. Stir in capsicum and cook for a further 2 minutes until slightly softened. Add in the garlic, KEEN’s Chilli Powder, sugar and dried herbs and stir through to combine. Return the chicken to the pan, pour the diced tomato and chicken stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to a light boil. Add the rice and stir through. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir often to ensure even cooking. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...