4 – 6 people
- 500gm Coles Chicken Thigh Fillets, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup Coles Long Grain Rice
- 1 tsp. KEEN’s Chilli Powder
- 1 tin Ardmona Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Massel Salt-Reduced Liquid Stock Chicken
- 2 T Cobram Estate Robust Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 raw smoky chorizo, thinly sliced
- 1 green capsicum, roughly chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- Squeeze of lemon juice & chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a deep frypan over a medium-high heat, add chicken pieces and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly golden on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Return the pan to a medium heat. Add the onions and chorizo and cook, stirring often for 3-4 minutes until chorizo caramelises slightly and the onions become translucent. Stir in capsicum and cook for a further 2 minutes until slightly softened. Add in the garlic, KEEN’s Chilli Powder, sugar and dried herbs and stir through to combine. Return the chicken to the pan, pour the diced tomato and chicken stock, season with salt and pepper and bring to a light boil. Add the rice and stir through. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir often to ensure even cooking. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Serve immediately with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...