Japanese Fried Chicken
4 people (as a sharing snack)
- 500gm Coles Chicken Thighs, cut into 2cm squares
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp cooking sake
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 cup cornflour
- ½ plain flour
- Cobram Estate Extra Classic Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- ½ cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ bunch chives, finely chopped to serve
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl along with the soy sauce, mirin, sake, ginger and garlic. Stir well and leave to marinade for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Place the flours into a large bowl and mix well. Drain the chicken from the marinade and in batches, dust with the flour to coat the outside of each piece of chicken.
- Heat the oil to 170 degrees and fry the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Allow the oil to heat back up in between cooking batches. Drain the chicken on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Place the chicken on a platter and serve with the wasabi mayonnaise. Garnish with chopped chives and a sprinkle of sea salt.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...