Japanese Fried Chicken
4 people (as a sharing snack)
- 500gm Coles Chicken Thighs, cut into 2cm squares
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp cooking sake
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 cup cornflour
- ½ plain flour
- Cobram Estate Extra Classic Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- ½ cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ bunch chives, finely chopped to serve
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl along with the soy sauce, mirin, sake, ginger and garlic. Stir well and leave to marinade for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Place the flours into a large bowl and mix well. Drain the chicken from the marinade and in batches, dust with the flour to coat the outside of each piece of chicken.
- Heat the oil to 170 degrees and fry the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Allow the oil to heat back up in between cooking batches. Drain the chicken on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Place the chicken on a platter and serve with the wasabi mayonnaise. Garnish with chopped chives and a sprinkle of sea salt.
RECIPE BY: Sam Goodwin SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Chicken thigh fillets, skin on 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce 2 tbsp sake 3cm ginger, minced 1 garlic clove, minced 1 tsp caster sugar 1 cup cornflour Sea salt flakes 2L Cobram Estate EVOO oil, for deep...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 16 X-large green king prawns, shell on 1/3 cup (80ml) Cobram Estate Light EVOO 2 tablespoons ginger, finely grated ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes 3 green spring onions, finely sliced ½ teaspoon caster...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: FLATBREADS: ¾ cup self-raising flour ½ cup Greek yoghurt Salt 2-3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Robust EVOO DUXELLES: 60m Cobram Estate Robust EVOO 300gm mixed mushrooms, sliced Salt and pepper TO SERVE: 300gm...
RECIPE BY: Karen Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 tbsp Yeo’s Satay sauce 1 lemon (zest only) 1 tsp ground turmeric ½ tsp ground cumin 1 tsp salt 1 tbs sugar 1 tbsp Yeo’s Pure Sesame Oil 3 tbsp cooking oil 400g beef fillet (thinly sliced) 1 pack skewers...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair with Khanh Ong SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 4 Chicken thigh fillets CHICKEN MARINADE: 1 clove of garlic minced 1 large thumb sized piece of ginger julienned 1⁄3 cup of fish sauce FISH SAUCE CARAMEL: 1 tbsp Cobram Estate Light EVOO 2...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbs Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin olive oil ¼ cup store bought green curry paste 3 Tbs fish sauce 3 Tbs brown sugar 3 chicken thighs , sliced into strips 200ml Coles coconut cream 500ml Massel...