Japanese Fried Chicken
4 people (as a sharing snack)
- 500gm Coles Chicken Thighs, cut into 2cm squares
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp cooking sake
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 cup cornflour
- ½ plain flour
- Cobram Estate Extra Classic Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- ½ cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ bunch chives, finely chopped to serve
- Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl along with the soy sauce, mirin, sake, ginger and garlic. Stir well and leave to marinade for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until smooth.
- Place the flours into a large bowl and mix well. Drain the chicken from the marinade and in batches, dust with the flour to coat the outside of each piece of chicken.
- Heat the oil to 170 degrees and fry the chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes, or until golden and cooked through. Allow the oil to heat back up in between cooking batches. Drain the chicken on kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Place the chicken on a platter and serve with the wasabi mayonnaise. Garnish with chopped chives and a sprinkle of sea salt.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...