Japchae with Black Bean Beef
Japchae: Korean glass noodle stir fry
- 250g Cole Beef Porterhouse steak, fat removed and sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 200g of glass noodles
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- Cracked Black pepper
- Mix the soy, pepper and sesame oil together in a mixing bowl. Add the steak in and marinade for 5 – 10 mins. Once it’s marinated, remove the beef and slice into thin strips.
- Whilst the steak is marinating, cook the glass noodles in a pot of boiling water. This should take approximately 3-4 mins until the noodles are translucent.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok. Add in the eggs and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook through. Flip over and cook like you would an omelette. Remove from wok and place on the chopping board.
- Using the same wok, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add in the steak and cook for 2 mins. Remove and set aside.
- Again using the same wok, add in 2 tbsp of oil. Add in the minced garlic and diced onions and
- continue to saute. Next add in the capsicum and carrots and cook for 3 mins or until tender.
- Now, add in the mushrooms and cooked noodles and pour in the soy sauce. Then, add in the
- spinach until it wilts and drizzle with some sesame oil.
- Return the cooked beef to the wok and heat through for a minute or so.
- Turn the heat off. Roll the omelette up and slice into thin long strips.
- To serve, place the jap chae onto a serving dish, top with the omelette and sprinkle over some sesame seeds.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...