Japchae with Black Bean Beef
Japchae: Korean glass noodle stir fry
- 250g Cole Beef Porterhouse steak, fat removed and sliced into strips
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 200g of glass noodles
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into strips
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 4 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee Salt Reduced Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- Cracked Black pepper
- Mix the soy, pepper and sesame oil together in a mixing bowl. Add the steak in and marinade for 5 – 10 mins. Once it’s marinated, remove the beef and slice into thin strips.
- Whilst the steak is marinating, cook the glass noodles in a pot of boiling water. This should take approximately 3-4 mins until the noodles are translucent.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok. Add in the eggs and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook through. Flip over and cook like you would an omelette. Remove from wok and place on the chopping board.
- Using the same wok, heat 1 tbsp of oil. Add in the steak and cook for 2 mins. Remove and set aside.
- Again using the same wok, add in 2 tbsp of oil. Add in the minced garlic and diced onions and
- continue to saute. Next add in the capsicum and carrots and cook for 3 mins or until tender.
- Now, add in the mushrooms and cooked noodles and pour in the soy sauce. Then, add in the
- spinach until it wilts and drizzle with some sesame oil.
- Return the cooked beef to the wok and heat through for a minute or so.
- Turn the heat off. Roll the omelette up and slice into thin long strips.
- To serve, place the jap chae onto a serving dish, top with the omelette and sprinkle over some sesame seeds.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...