2 – 4 people
- 3 Tbsp cooking sake
- 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces
- 1/4 cup potato or corn starch**
- 1/4 cup Coles plain flour
- Cobram Estate EVOO Oil for frying
- Shichimi togarashi to season
SESAME LIME MAYONNAISE:
- 1/3 cup ZoOSh mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Combine the sake, soy, ginger and garlic in a bowl and whisk to combine. Place in a zip lock bag or non-reactive container, add the chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, ideally overnight. Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before cooking.
- Prepare the mayonnaise by combining the kewpie mayonnaise, sesame oil and a squeeze of lemon together in a small bowl and season to taste.
- When ready to cook, heat fryer to 170C. Combine the starch and flour in a tray and season with salt. Remove chicken from the marinade and place into the flour mixture, gently toss to coat. Fry chicken in batches to avoid over-crowding, 4-5 pieces each time. Fry chicken for 4-5 minutes until crunchy and golden. Remove onto paper towel and season immediately with salt and sprinkling of shichimi togorashi over the top.
- Serve hot with sesame lime mayonnaise on the side.
- **TIP – Potato starch will give a crispier result
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 packet (500g) Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice 1 Brown Onion diced 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced 1tbsp Ground Garam Masala 1tbsp Ground Cumin 1tbsp Ground Coriander 1tbsp Ground Tumeric 1tbsp Mustard Seeds 1...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan (Ikuei Arakane) SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 120g cabbage (finely chopped) 25g spring onion (finely chopped) 100g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil BATTER: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 2 eggs (size = 700g dozen)...
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Matt SinclairSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:1 x 20cm Italian style round cob loaf bread (Important to have this bread)1 x 250g tub Philadelphia spreadable cream cheese20 slices good quality salami20 slices (350g) provolone...