2 – 4 people
- 3 Tbsp cooking sake
- 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces
- 1/4 cup potato or corn starch**
- 1/4 cup Coles plain flour
- Cobram Estate EVOO Oil for frying
- Shichimi togarashi to season
SESAME LIME MAYONNAISE:
- 1/3 cup ZoOSh mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- Combine the sake, soy, ginger and garlic in a bowl and whisk to combine. Place in a zip lock bag or non-reactive container, add the chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate and allow to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes, ideally overnight. Remove from refrigerator 10 minutes before cooking.
- Prepare the mayonnaise by combining the kewpie mayonnaise, sesame oil and a squeeze of lemon together in a small bowl and season to taste.
- When ready to cook, heat fryer to 170C. Combine the starch and flour in a tray and season with salt. Remove chicken from the marinade and place into the flour mixture, gently toss to coat. Fry chicken in batches to avoid over-crowding, 4-5 pieces each time. Fry chicken for 4-5 minutes until crunchy and golden. Remove onto paper towel and season immediately with salt and sprinkling of shichimi togorashi over the top.
- Serve hot with sesame lime mayonnaise on the side.
- **TIP – Potato starch will give a crispier result
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sparkling white wines.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...