Lamb Kofta with Green Pea Hummus and Spring Salad
- 500gm Coles lamb mince
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tb sesame seeds
- 2 Lebanese flatbreads, halved to serve
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1.5 cups frozen green peas, blanched, drained
- 1 Tablespoon tahini paste
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon yoghurt, plus 2 tablespoons to serve
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ clove garlic
- 1/3 cup Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ bunch parsley, chopped
- ¼ bunch mint, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into ribbons /zoodles
- To make the kofta, combine the lamb mince, cumin, cinnamon, a pinch of sea salt and pepper in a bowl. Using clean hands mix well, then divide the mince into 8 equal portions.
- Form the mince onto 8 wooden skewers in a sausage shape so the kofta are secure on the skewers.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds then cook in a large frying pan over a medium heat for 3 minutes each side, turning or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile to make the hummus, place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a little warm water if the mixture needs loosening.
- Combine all the spring salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with sea salt and a little olive oil.
- To serve, place the flat breads into the base of shallow serving bowls. Dollop on the hummus and add on the cooked kofta. Divide the spring salad into the bowls and drizzle with extra yoghurt. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...