Lamb Kofta with Green Pea Hummus and Spring Salad
- 500gm Coles lamb mince
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tb sesame seeds
- 2 Lebanese flatbreads, halved to serve
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1.5 cups frozen green peas, blanched, drained
- 1 Tablespoon tahini paste
- Juice & zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon yoghurt, plus 2 tablespoons to serve
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ clove garlic
- 1/3 cup Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ bunch parsley, chopped
- ¼ bunch mint, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into ribbons /zoodles
- To make the kofta, combine the lamb mince, cumin, cinnamon, a pinch of sea salt and pepper in a bowl. Using clean hands mix well, then divide the mince into 8 equal portions.
- Form the mince onto 8 wooden skewers in a sausage shape so the kofta are secure on the skewers.
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds then cook in a large frying pan over a medium heat for 3 minutes each side, turning or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile to make the hummus, place all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Add a little warm water if the mixture needs loosening.
- Combine all the spring salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with sea salt and a little olive oil.
- To serve, place the flat breads into the base of shallow serving bowls. Dollop on the hummus and add on the cooked kofta. Divide the spring salad into the bowls and drizzle with extra yoghurt. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...