Lamb Kofta with Muhammara
- 500gm Coles Australian Lamb Mince
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup panko crumbs
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup de-shelled pistachios
- Crushed pistachio nuts, for garnish
- 3 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50gm walnuts, roasted
- ½ cup roasted piquillo peppers
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- In a large mixing bowl add the lamb mince, onion, garlic, parsley and chilli flakes.
- In a food processor, blitz the pistachios into a rough crumb. Add to the lamb and season ingredients with a generous pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Using your hands, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- To form the kofte, grease your hands with a little olive oil and mould approximately ¼ cup of lamb mixture into rounded oval shapes. Set aside or refrigerate until required.
- Combine the peppers, walnuts, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, molasses, spices and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blitz into a paste. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Heat a BBQ grill on high. Brush kofte with olive oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for an even char. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve koftas on a bed of muhammara sauce and garnish with pistachio nuts.
*Lamb kofta and muhammara can both be made in advance. Bring muhammara to room temperature before serving.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...