Lamb Kofta with Muhammara
- 500gm Coles Australian Lamb Mince
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup panko crumbs
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/3 cup de-shelled pistachios
- Crushed pistachio nuts, for garnish
- 3 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50gm walnuts, roasted
- ½ cup roasted piquillo peppers
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- In a large mixing bowl add the lamb mince, onion, garlic, parsley and chilli flakes.
- In a food processor, blitz the pistachios into a rough crumb. Add to the lamb and season ingredients with a generous pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Using your hands, mix all ingredients until well combined.
- To form the kofte, grease your hands with a little olive oil and mould approximately ¼ cup of lamb mixture into rounded oval shapes. Set aside or refrigerate until required.
- Combine the peppers, walnuts, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, molasses, spices and a pinch of salt in a food processor and blitz into a paste. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Heat a BBQ grill on high. Brush kofte with olive oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side for an even char. Remove from heat and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve koftas on a bed of muhammara sauce and garnish with pistachio nuts.
*Lamb kofta and muhammara can both be made in advance. Bring muhammara to room temperature before serving.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...