- 1kg Diced Coles Spring Lamb
- Cobram Estate Robust EVOO
- 1 bunch coriander, stems diced and leaves for garnish
- 1 Red Chilli, sliced
- 2tbs Coriander Seeds
- 2tbs Cumin Seeds
- 2tbs Smoked Paprika
- 1tbs Tumeric
- 2tbs Garam Masala
- 2 Caramom pods
- tbs Tomato Puree
- 1 brown Onion, sliced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 Thumb Sized piece of ginger, sliced in matchsticks
- 3 Tomatoes, quartered
- Jalna Greek Yoghurt for Garnish
- In a pre-heated hot pot, add a drizzle of EVOO. Season Lamb with salt before browning off in the pot. Once browned off, remove lamb from the pot and set aside.
- Placing the pot back on heat, add onion, salt, garlic, ginger and cook down until
- Add garam masala, cardamom pods, ground cumin, coriander, turmeric and smoked paprika. Add extra EVOO to pot and mix to cover ingredients. Toast off the spiced until aromatic. Add chilli and coriander stems and mix together.
- Add the lamb back in and coat in the spices. Add tomato puree and stir through. Add enough water to cover the lamb in the pot. Add a pinch of salt and stir through. Bring the lamb up to the boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for approximately 2 hours, or until tender.
- When ready to serve, add fresh tomatoes to the pot and a scoop of greek yoghurt. Stir through the curry.
- To serve, place the curry into a bowl and garish with coriander leaves and a spoon of yoghurt.
- Serve with rice as an option.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Merlot or Shiraz.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...