2 – 4 people
- 2 x 200g Coles lamb backstrap, trimmed, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- 1 head broccoli, finely chopped
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 x 250g Coles brown rice & quinoa microwave pouch
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 150g Danish feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup pepita seeds, toasted
MIXED HERB PESTO:
- ½ cup whole roasted almonds
- 1 cup mint, leaves picked
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup basil, leaves picked
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¾ cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- For the pesto, place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth and bright green. You can add a dash more oil or water if the mixture is a little dry.
- Coat the lamb with half of the oil and season with a pinch of sea salt. Cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove the lamb from the heat and allow to rest before slicing into ½ cm strips.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium/high heat. Cook the broccoli for 2-3 minutes to slightly char.
- Cook the peas in a pot of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, refresh under cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl place the quinoa and rice pocket, peas, broccoli and baby spinach. Pour in the pesto and toss well to coat. Place the salad onto a serving platter and top with the sliced lamb, feta cheese, pepita seeds and extra lemon wedges.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a SBS Blend or Cabernet Sauvignon
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 packet (500g) Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice 1 Brown Onion diced 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced 1tbsp Ground Garam Masala 1tbsp Ground Cumin 1tbsp Ground Coriander 1tbsp Ground Tumeric 1tbsp Mustard Seeds 1...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan (Ikuei Arakane) SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 120g cabbage (finely chopped) 25g spring onion (finely chopped) 100g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil BATTER: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 2 eggs (size = 700g dozen)...