2 – 4 people
- 2 x 200g Coles lamb backstrap, trimmed, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- 1 head broccoli, finely chopped
- 200g frozen peas
- 1 x 250g Coles brown rice & quinoa microwave pouch
- 2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 150g Danish feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup pepita seeds, toasted
MIXED HERB PESTO:
- ½ cup whole roasted almonds
- 1 cup mint, leaves picked
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup basil, leaves picked
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¾ cup Cobram Estate Light EVOO
- For the pesto, place all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth and bright green. You can add a dash more oil or water if the mixture is a little dry.
- Coat the lamb with half of the oil and season with a pinch of sea salt. Cook over a medium heat for 3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove the lamb from the heat and allow to rest before slicing into ½ cm strips.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium/high heat. Cook the broccoli for 2-3 minutes to slightly char.
- Cook the peas in a pot of boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, refresh under cold water and drain well.
- In a large bowl place the quinoa and rice pocket, peas, broccoli and baby spinach. Pour in the pesto and toss well to coat. Place the salad onto a serving platter and top with the sliced lamb, feta cheese, pepita seeds and extra lemon wedges.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a SBS Blend or Cabernet Sauvignon
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...