Lamb with Pomegranate Salad
4 – 6 people
- 2 x 200g Coles Lamb Backstrap, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large pomegranate, seeds removed (about 1 cup)
- 1 x 250g ready to eat pack Coles red quinoa
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, grated on a box grater into `rice`
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup whole roasted almonds, chopped
- ½ cup currants
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 green shallots/scallions, sliced
- 1 cups mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup flat parsley, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or BBQ plate to a medium heat. Sprinkle the cumin, coriander and a pinch of sea salt onto the lamb so it is evenly covered. Drizzle 20ml of olive oil over the lamb and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing into ½ cm strips.
- While the lamb is cooking, whisk all the harissa yoghurt ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and place into a large bowl. Add in the quinoa, cauliflower rice, walnuts, almonds, sesame seeds, shallots, mint and parsley.
- Whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, sea salt and remaining olive oil in a bowl and pour over the salad. Toss well and place onto a serving platter. Top salad with slices of lamb and drizzle over harissa yoghurt and extra parsley.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...