Lamb with Pomegranate Salad
4 – 6 people
- 2 x 200g Coles Lamb Backstrap, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 100ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large pomegranate, seeds removed (about 1 cup)
- 1 x 250g ready to eat pack Coles red quinoa
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, grated on a box grater into `rice`
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup whole roasted almonds, chopped
- ½ cup currants
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 green shallots/scallions, sliced
- 1 cups mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup flat parsley, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or BBQ plate to a medium heat. Sprinkle the cumin, coriander and a pinch of sea salt onto the lamb so it is evenly covered. Drizzle 20ml of olive oil over the lamb and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Rest for 5 minutes before slicing into ½ cm strips.
- While the lamb is cooking, whisk all the harissa yoghurt ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and place into a large bowl. Add in the quinoa, cauliflower rice, walnuts, almonds, sesame seeds, shallots, mint and parsley.
- Whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, sea salt and remaining olive oil in a bowl and pour over the salad. Toss well and place onto a serving platter. Top salad with slices of lamb and drizzle over harissa yoghurt and extra parsley.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...