2 – 4 people
- 250gm macaroni shells
- 200gm smoked bacon, roughly chopped
- 300gm Coles sour cream
- 350ml buttermilk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Handful baby spinach
- 250gm Coles grated mozzarella cheese
- Coles Parmesan cheese
- 40 gm panko crumbs
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Cobram Estate EVOO for greasing tray
- Preheat oven to 220C and grease a baking dish with oil.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook macaroni for 2 minutes less than the package instructions, or until just undercooked. Strain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium pan over a medium heat and fry of bacon for 3-4 minutes to colour, stirring often. Reduce heat and add the sour cream and buttermilk and stir to combine. Add in the peas, spinach and ¾ of the cheese and stir until smooth, remove from the heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. In a small bowl add parmesan cheese, panko crumb and parsley and mix to combine.
- Add the pasta to the cheese sauce and stir to coat. Pour into a baking dish greased with EVOO and top with breadcrumb mix. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Chardonnay for the body that matches the creaminess or a Sangiovese for the acidity to cut through the fat.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...