2 – 4 people
- 150gm vermicelli noodles
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2-3 Tbsp** brown sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp** fish sauce
- 400ml full-fat coconut milk
- 750ml Massel Salt-Reduced chicken stock
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, torn
- Juice of 1-2 limes**, plus extra to garnish
- 100gm firm tofu, diced
- 100gm mushrooms, chopped
- 150gm snow peas, halved
- ½ BBQ chicken, shredded
- 80gm bean sprouts
- 1 cup mix of picked coriander, Thai basil and Vietnamese mint leaves
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, chiffonade
- 1 birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- Crispy shallots
- Sambal Olek
- Place the vermicelli noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with hot water. Leave to soak as per packet instructions (approximately 2-3 minutes to heat through), drain well and set aside.
- In a wok or large saucepan, heat the oil over a high heat until smoking. Fry off the red curry paste for 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously until aromatic and deep in colour. Add the turmeric and sugar and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until caramelised. Add in the fish sauce and stir through, then pour in the coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken stock and reduce heat to low. Bring back up to a simmer, add the tofu and vegetables and cook for 5 minutes. Season to taste with extra fish sauce, brown sugar and the lime juice until you have reached a balance between salty, sweet and sour.
- **It is recommended to over season at this point as the flavours will lessen once the noodles and chicken have been added to the final dish.
- Divide noodles among the serving bowls and top with shredded chicken. Ladle the laksa soup over the noodles and garnish with bean sprouts, fresh herbs, chilli, crispy shallots, fresh lime and sambal olek to taste.
- ** Add seasonings to personal taste. Flavours should be equally balanced between sweet (sugar), salty (fish sauce) and sour (lime).
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Gewürztraminer or Viognier.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...