Maple Smoked Salmon
4 – 6 people
- 1 box Little Lucifer Ready-To-Use Smoking Wood Chips Savoury Herb Flavour
- 1 x whole side Coles salmon, skin on, pinboned (around 1.2kg)
- 1/3 cup Coles finest Maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 200g crème fraiche to serve
- Sourdough bread, toasted to serve
- 1 lemon to serve
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- ¼ bunch dill, sliced, plus extra to serve
- BBQ Grill
- Puncture a few holes into smoking chips box and rest on BBQ grill, closing the lid and leave for a few minutes, until grill becomes smoky.
- Run a fork outside the cucumber, scoring the skin lightly and slice into circles. Combine cucumbers, sugar, salt, vinegar and dill and stir until everything is evenly coated. Set aside to allow to pickle until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, combine salmon with oil, maple syrup and salt until the salmon is coated. Place salmon on grill and close this lid. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Place Sourdough bread on the grill until toasted on both sides.
- Serve salmon on a platter with sourdough, creme fraiche and pickled cucumbers. Garnish with lemon zest and wedge.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...