Maple Smoked Salmon
4 – 6 people
- 1 box Little Lucifer Ready-To-Use Smoking Wood Chips Savoury Herb Flavour
- 1 x whole side Coles salmon, skin on, pinboned (around 1.2kg)
- 1/3 cup Coles finest Maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 200g crème fraiche to serve
- Sourdough bread, toasted to serve
- 1 lemon to serve
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- ¼ bunch dill, sliced, plus extra to serve
- BBQ Grill
- Puncture a few holes into smoking chips box and rest on BBQ grill, closing the lid and leave for a few minutes, until grill becomes smoky.
- Run a fork outside the cucumber, scoring the skin lightly and slice into circles. Combine cucumbers, sugar, salt, vinegar and dill and stir until everything is evenly coated. Set aside to allow to pickle until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, combine salmon with oil, maple syrup and salt until the salmon is coated. Place salmon on grill and close this lid. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Place Sourdough bread on the grill until toasted on both sides.
- Serve salmon on a platter with sourdough, creme fraiche and pickled cucumbers. Garnish with lemon zest and wedge.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...