Maple Smoked Salmon
4 – 6 people
- 1 box Little Lucifer Ready-To-Use Smoking Wood Chips Savoury Herb Flavour
- 1 x whole side Coles salmon, skin on, pinboned (around 1.2kg)
- 1/3 cup Coles finest Maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 200g crème fraiche to serve
- Sourdough bread, toasted to serve
- 1 lemon to serve
- 2 lebanese cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- ¼ bunch dill, sliced, plus extra to serve
- BBQ Grill
- Puncture a few holes into smoking chips box and rest on BBQ grill, closing the lid and leave for a few minutes, until grill becomes smoky.
- Run a fork outside the cucumber, scoring the skin lightly and slice into circles. Combine cucumbers, sugar, salt, vinegar and dill and stir until everything is evenly coated. Set aside to allow to pickle until ready to serve.
- In a bowl, combine salmon with oil, maple syrup and salt until the salmon is coated. Place salmon on grill and close this lid. Cook for 8-10 minutes. Place Sourdough bread on the grill until toasted on both sides.
- Serve salmon on a platter with sourdough, creme fraiche and pickled cucumbers. Garnish with lemon zest and wedge.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...