Meatballs with Tomato Sugo
- 500g Coles `finest` angus beef mince
- 500gm Coles pork mince
- 1 x free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 3 slices Gluten Free White Bread
- 1 cup milk
- 60gm Parmesan cheese, finely grated-Plus extra to serve
- 1Tb thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1Tb rosemary, finely chopped
- 2Tb tomato paste
- 2 Tb Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 x 800g can crushed tomatoes
- 2tsp sugar
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, picked
- Soak the bread in the milk and egg in a bowl for 5 minutes to soften. Mix until the bread is broken up, then add all the remaining meatball ingredients into the bowl and mix until well combined. Roll into 20 meatballs, place onto a tray and set aside in the refrigerator.
- For the tomato sauce, heat the oil over a medium heat in a saucepan. Cook the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Add in the fennel seeds, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, sugar and basil. Bring the sauce up to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally for 5-6 minutes. Remove the meatballs from the fridge and place into the tomato sauce. Cook the meatballs, turning occasionally for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- To serve, place the meatballs into a bowl and grate over Parmesan cheese and extra basil leaves.
- Serve with crusty bread green salad or steamed greens.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...