Mexican Chopped Chicken Salad
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 15 mins
- 1 Coles Hot Roast Family BBQ Chicken, meat pulled of bones
- 1 Pack of Coles 4 leaf lettuce mix
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red Onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 ears of corn,
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 bunch of coriander, leaves picked
- ¼ cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2tbs of chipotle in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- ¼ cup corn chips, crushed
- Rinse the quinoa on a sieve under cold water for 2 minutes then cover 1¼ cups of water and cook until all the water evaporates. Then remove from the heat and leave aside to steam for 10 minutes. Then fluff with a fork.
- Grill the corn in a pan or on the BBQ until softened and charred, cut off the core.
- Add the mayo, sour cream, lemon, chipotle, olive oil in a bowl and blend with a stick blender until smooth and combined, check for season and adjust with salt if needed. This can be done ahead of time and reserved in an airtight container.
- Add the chicken, lettuce leaf mix, tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, corn, chickpeas, quinoa and ¾ of the coriander leaves in a bowl and mix together until combined. Pour over half the dressing to start with and gently toss through the salad. Add ½ the corn chips, pumpkins seeds and jalapenos, gently mix together.
- Serve in bowls and top with extra dressing and garnish. Enjoy
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...