Mexican Chopped Chicken Salad
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 15 mins
- 1 Coles Hot Roast Family BBQ Chicken, meat pulled of bones
- 1 Pack of Coles 4 leaf lettuce mix
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red Onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 ears of corn,
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 bunch of coriander, leaves picked
- ¼ cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2tbs of chipotle in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- ¼ cup corn chips, crushed
- Rinse the quinoa on a sieve under cold water for 2 minutes then cover 1¼ cups of water and cook until all the water evaporates. Then remove from the heat and leave aside to steam for 10 minutes. Then fluff with a fork.
- Grill the corn in a pan or on the BBQ until softened and charred, cut off the core.
- Add the mayo, sour cream, lemon, chipotle, olive oil in a bowl and blend with a stick blender until smooth and combined, check for season and adjust with salt if needed. This can be done ahead of time and reserved in an airtight container.
- Add the chicken, lettuce leaf mix, tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, corn, chickpeas, quinoa and ¾ of the coriander leaves in a bowl and mix together until combined. Pour over half the dressing to start with and gently toss through the salad. Add ½ the corn chips, pumpkins seeds and jalapenos, gently mix together.
- Serve in bowls and top with extra dressing and garnish. Enjoy
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...