Mexican Chopped Chicken Salad
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 15 mins
- 1 Coles Hot Roast Family BBQ Chicken, meat pulled of bones
- 1 Pack of Coles 4 leaf lettuce mix
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red Onion, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 ears of corn,
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 bunch of coriander, leaves picked
- ¼ cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 2tbs of chipotle in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- ¼ cup corn chips, crushed
- Rinse the quinoa on a sieve under cold water for 2 minutes then cover 1¼ cups of water and cook until all the water evaporates. Then remove from the heat and leave aside to steam for 10 minutes. Then fluff with a fork.
- Grill the corn in a pan or on the BBQ until softened and charred, cut off the core.
- Add the mayo, sour cream, lemon, chipotle, olive oil in a bowl and blend with a stick blender until smooth and combined, check for season and adjust with salt if needed. This can be done ahead of time and reserved in an airtight container.
- Add the chicken, lettuce leaf mix, tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, corn, chickpeas, quinoa and ¾ of the coriander leaves in a bowl and mix together until combined. Pour over half the dressing to start with and gently toss through the salad. Add ½ the corn chips, pumpkins seeds and jalapenos, gently mix together.
- Serve in bowls and top with extra dressing and garnish. Enjoy
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...