- 1 corn cob, husk removed
- 2 Jalapeño peppers, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Coles long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp. Cobram Classic Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Massel liquid chicken stock
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lime
- Coriander to garnish
- Place a skillet over a medium-high heat. Baste corn cob with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and add to skillet, turning until charred and caramelised, approximately 5-6 minutes. Cut corn kernels from the cob and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a deep non-stick frypan over a medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapenos. Stir continuously to avoid colouring and cook until the onions are translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and cook to toast for a further 2 minutes. Pour in stock and crushed tomatoes, add the spices and a generous pinch of salt and pepper, stir through and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid or aluminium foil, simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the rice is cooked through. Add the corn kernels and combine well.
- Divide rice into serving bowls, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...