- 1 corn cob, husk removed
- 2 Jalapeño peppers, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Coles long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp. Cobram Classic Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Massel liquid chicken stock
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lime
- Coriander to garnish
- Place a skillet over a medium-high heat. Baste corn cob with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and add to skillet, turning until charred and caramelised, approximately 5-6 minutes. Cut corn kernels from the cob and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a deep non-stick frypan over a medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapenos. Stir continuously to avoid colouring and cook until the onions are translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and cook to toast for a further 2 minutes. Pour in stock and crushed tomatoes, add the spices and a generous pinch of salt and pepper, stir through and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid or aluminium foil, simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the rice is cooked through. Add the corn kernels and combine well.
- Divide rice into serving bowls, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...