- 1 corn cob, husk removed
- 2 Jalapeño peppers, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Coles long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp. Cobram Classic Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Massel liquid chicken stock
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lime
- Coriander to garnish
- Place a skillet over a medium-high heat. Baste corn cob with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil and add to skillet, turning until charred and caramelised, approximately 5-6 minutes. Cut corn kernels from the cob and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a deep non-stick frypan over a medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapenos. Stir continuously to avoid colouring and cook until the onions are translucent, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice and cook to toast for a further 2 minutes. Pour in stock and crushed tomatoes, add the spices and a generous pinch of salt and pepper, stir through and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid or aluminium foil, simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the rice is cooked through. Add the corn kernels and combine well.
- Divide rice into serving bowls, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and a squeeze of lime.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...