2 – 4 people
- 4 pork cutlets, bone in
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and Pepper
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil for shallow frying
- 2 bulbs fennel, trimmed and fronds reserved
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ Tbsp Coles fennel seeds
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 150ml Massel salt-reduced chicken stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Sugar, to taste
- Lay the pork cutlets onto a sheet of greaseproof paper, and cover with another. Beat with a mallet to tenderise meat and flatten slightly. Combine the breadcrumbs and lemon zest in a shallow bowl and season with salt and pepper. Place egg into a separate shallow bowl. Dust both sides of each cutlet with flour and shake off any excess. Transfer and coat in egg, before transferring into the breadcrumb mixture. Press to coat cutlets evenly. Set aside.
- Cut the fennel bulbs into quarters and remove the hard core from each piece. Cut in half once again. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based lidded pan over a medium-high heat. Add the fennel, season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden and caramelised. Add the fennel seeds and cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat to low, add the zest, juice and stock cover. Add sugar to taste – depending on the sweetness of the orange. Cook for 10 minutes, until fennel is tender and liquid has reduced. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with reserved fennel fronds.
- Meanwhile, cook the pork cutlets. Heat approximately ¼ cup of oil (enough to cover the base) in a pan over a medium-high heat. Shallow fry the crumbed pork for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. Transfer onto baking paper and season with salt. Keep warm and repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Serve cutlets with braised fennel on the side and garnish with a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Barbera or Vermentino or Arneis.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...