2 – 4 people
- 4 red cabbage steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 100g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter, chopped into small cubes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 nori seaweed sheet, toasted, cut into thin 1 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Place the cabbage steaks onto a lined oven tray, scatter with cubes of butter and season with sea salt. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the cabbage has cooked through and has some dark crispy edges and soft center.
- Whisk together the miso paste, mirin, sake, sugar and sesame oil until well combined. Drizzle the miso mixture over the cabbage steaks and return to the oven for 5-6 minutes, or until the miso mixture is bubbling and fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with nori strips, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and chives.
- Serve on their own or with brown rice, green leaves and a dollop of kewpie mayonnaise
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Merlot
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 packet (500g) Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice 1 Brown Onion diced 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced 1tbsp Ground Garam Masala 1tbsp Ground Cumin 1tbsp Ground Coriander 1tbsp Ground Tumeric 1tbsp Mustard Seeds 1...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan (Ikuei Arakane) SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 120g cabbage (finely chopped) 25g spring onion (finely chopped) 100g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil BATTER: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 2 eggs (size = 700g dozen)...