2 – 4 people
- 4 red cabbage steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 100g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter, chopped into small cubes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 nori seaweed sheet, toasted, cut into thin 1 inch strips
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Place the cabbage steaks onto a lined oven tray, scatter with cubes of butter and season with sea salt. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the cabbage has cooked through and has some dark crispy edges and soft center.
- Whisk together the miso paste, mirin, sake, sugar and sesame oil until well combined. Drizzle the miso mixture over the cabbage steaks and return to the oven for 5-6 minutes, or until the miso mixture is bubbling and fragrant.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with nori strips, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and chives.
- Serve on their own or with brown rice, green leaves and a dollop of kewpie mayonnaise
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Merlot
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...