- 3 purple eggplant
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup white shiro miso paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 2 teaspoons Lee Kum Kee Pure sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons white sesame seeds, toasted, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200C degrees
- Slice eggplant into quarters and in each quarter, make small slits through the flesh off the eggplant, about halfway to the skin. Place eggplants on baking tray, ensuring they don’t overlap and season eggplant with salt and olive oil, coating generously. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes until soft and golden in colour.
- In a bowl, whisk together miso paste, mirin and sake, removing any lumps. Add sugar and sesame oil.
- Once eggplants are cooked, remove from oven and paint an even coating of miso mixture with a brush or spoon. Return back to the oven for another 5 minutes. Once finished, transfer to serving platter and garnish with sesame seeds and chives.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...