Moreton Bay Bugs
- 12 small green Moreton Bay bugs, halved and cleaned
- 4 ripe Roma tomatoes, skinned, seeded and cut in large chunks
- 50ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 golden shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 4 blood oranges, juiced + 1 tbs zest
- ½ bunch basil, leaves picked
- Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
- Core tomatoes and cut a cross in the opposite end. Plunge into boiling water until
- skin starts to release then refresh in ice cold water. Slip off the skins, quarter and
- deseed, reserving pulp and cut flesh into large pieces and reserve.
- Heat oil in a heavy based high-sided fry pan. Fry shallots and garlic till soft. Add juice, zest and tomato pulp and bring to a gentle simmer. Place bugs into pan flesh side, cover and simmer
- for 3 minutes only or until nicely braised and cooked through. Remove from sauce and place on platter. Add basil and tomato pieces to the sauce. Reduce if necessary and adjust seasoning. Pour sauce over bugs and serve immediately.
- *Garnish with iceplant
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...