Moreton Bay Bugs
- 12 small green Moreton Bay bugs, halved and cleaned
- 4 ripe Roma tomatoes, skinned, seeded and cut in large chunks
- 50ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 golden shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 4 blood oranges, juiced + 1 tbs zest
- ½ bunch basil, leaves picked
- Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
- Core tomatoes and cut a cross in the opposite end. Plunge into boiling water until
- skin starts to release then refresh in ice cold water. Slip off the skins, quarter and
- deseed, reserving pulp and cut flesh into large pieces and reserve.
- Heat oil in a heavy based high-sided fry pan. Fry shallots and garlic till soft. Add juice, zest and tomato pulp and bring to a gentle simmer. Place bugs into pan flesh side, cover and simmer
- for 3 minutes only or until nicely braised and cooked through. Remove from sauce and place on platter. Add basil and tomato pieces to the sauce. Reduce if necessary and adjust seasoning. Pour sauce over bugs and serve immediately.
- *Garnish with iceplant
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...