Moroccan Chicken & Couscous
- 12 Coles Chicken Drumsticks
- 500ml Massel Liquid Stock Chicken
- 10 fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
¼ bunch coriander, stems and leaves separated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 small cinnamon quills
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 packets Ainsley Harriott’s Roasted Vegetable Cous Cous
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion with a pinch of sea salt for 2-3 minutes. Add in the garlic, ginger, coriander stems and chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add in the ground spices, fennel seeds and cinnamon and cook for 2 minutes, or until the spices are fragrant. Pour in the stock and add dates, honey and season with black pepper.
- Arrange the chicken drumsticks and chickpeas into an oven tray and pour over the Moroccan sauce. Bake the chicken for 50-60 minutes, or until the chicken legs have cooked through. Remove from oven.
- In a bowl, pour 300ml boiling water mixed with butter over couscous and stir. Leave for 5 minutes, allowing liquid to be completely absorbed. Fluff couscous with a fork. Mix in grated zucchini.
- Serve chicken with couscous and a generous amount of chickpeas and sauce. Garnish with coriander leaves and slivered almonds. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...