Moroccan Chicken & Couscous
- 12 Coles Chicken Drumsticks
- 500ml Massel Liquid Stock Chicken
- 10 fresh medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
¼ bunch coriander, stems and leaves separated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 2 small cinnamon quills
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 packets Ainsley Harriott’s Roasted Vegetable Cous Cous
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion with a pinch of sea salt for 2-3 minutes. Add in the garlic, ginger, coriander stems and chilli and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add in the ground spices, fennel seeds and cinnamon and cook for 2 minutes, or until the spices are fragrant. Pour in the stock and add dates, honey and season with black pepper.
- Arrange the chicken drumsticks and chickpeas into an oven tray and pour over the Moroccan sauce. Bake the chicken for 50-60 minutes, or until the chicken legs have cooked through. Remove from oven.
- In a bowl, pour 300ml boiling water mixed with butter over couscous and stir. Leave for 5 minutes, allowing liquid to be completely absorbed. Fluff couscous with a fork. Mix in grated zucchini.
- Serve chicken with couscous and a generous amount of chickpeas and sauce. Garnish with coriander leaves and slivered almonds. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...