2 – 4 people
- 2 pkt (200gm) Ainsley Harriot Spice Sensation Cous Cous
- 300ml boiling water
- 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1.5 kg boneless leg of lamb, butterflied
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the cous cous in a heatproof bowl, add the boiling water and stir. Cover with a plate or foil and leave to sit for 3-5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with a fork to break up the granules.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a small frypan over a low-medium heat. Add the pinenuts and toast, tossing often for even colour. Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest, toss to combine. Transfer to the cous cous bowl, along with the apricots and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a clean work surface, lay out the butterflied lamb leg, skin side down and place the cous cous stuffing in a strip down centre. Press the cous cous into the lamb and tightly roll up to cover. Tie the lamb using unwaxed string at 4cm intervals and transfer to a roasting tray.
- Combine the remaining oil, garlic and spices and season with salt and pepper. Rub it into the lamb to coat. Place in the oven for approximately 1 hour. Increase the heat to 200C and roast for a further 15 minutes until caramelised and cooked to your preference.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for a minimum of 20 minutes before carving.
RECIPE BY:Kylie MillarSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 peopleINGREDIENTS:300g flour75g Lurpak Slightly Salted butter75g grated cheddar cheese50g vegemiteColes cling wrapMETHOD:Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and blitz until it resembles fine...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1/4 cup pomegranate molasses Juice of 1 lemon 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Salt 1 bunch mint, picked 1 bunch parsley, picked 1 bunch coriander, picked 1 red onion, diced 1 bunch...
View Khanh's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Michael's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Courtney's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...
View Sashi's special Christmas recipe at The Cook's Christmas Pantry: Related...