2 – 4 people
- 2 pkt (200gm) Ainsley Harriot Spice Sensation Cous Cous
- 300ml boiling water
- 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1.5 kg boneless leg of lamb, butterflied
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the cous cous in a heatproof bowl, add the boiling water and stir. Cover with a plate or foil and leave to sit for 3-5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with a fork to break up the granules.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a small frypan over a low-medium heat. Add the pinenuts and toast, tossing often for even colour. Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest, toss to combine. Transfer to the cous cous bowl, along with the apricots and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a clean work surface, lay out the butterflied lamb leg, skin side down and place the cous cous stuffing in a strip down centre. Press the cous cous into the lamb and tightly roll up to cover. Tie the lamb using unwaxed string at 4cm intervals and transfer to a roasting tray.
- Combine the remaining oil, garlic and spices and season with salt and pepper. Rub it into the lamb to coat. Place in the oven for approximately 1 hour. Increase the heat to 200C and roast for a further 15 minutes until caramelised and cooked to your preference.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for a minimum of 20 minutes before carving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...