Courtney Roulston and Matt Sinclair
2 – 4 people
- 1 x 20cm Italian style round cob loaf bread (Important to have this bread)
- 1 x 250g tub Philadelphia spreadable cream cheese
- 20 slices good quality salami
- 20 slices (350g) provolone cheese
- 20 slices good quality mortadella from the deli
- 15 slices good quality ham off the bone (Coles finest)
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup pimento stuffed olives, drained
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- 150g roasted red pepper from a jar
- ½ cup giaginiera pickles, drained
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- To make the olive salad, place the olives, capers, roasted red pepper, pickles, parsley, vinegar and oil in a food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped, scraping down the sides of the bowl as you blitz. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Slice the cob in half horizontally through the center. Using clean hands, remove the soft inside to hollow out both sides of the cob, leaving about a 1.5cm shell.
- Place the cobs on a work surface and spread the inside with the cream cheese. Evenly spread half the olive salad onto the both sides, pressing down with a spoon. Layer the salami, provolone, mortadella, ham, spinach and remaining olive salad inside the cob until it is full, pressing down gently in between each layer. Place the two cob halves together and cover tightly with cling wrap and place onto a plate. Cover with an unturned plate and place a heavy weight, like a can on top to weigh it down. Refrigerate for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Unwrap from the plastic and cut into thick wedges to serve.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Riesling or Gamay.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...