2 – 4 people
- 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 4 spring fresh thyme
- 100gm baby spinach
- 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- 4 slices sourdough
- 1 Tbsp Lurpak unsalted butter
- ½ cup grated gruyere cheese
- Preheat the grill on medium-high and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring often until softened and golden brown, approximately 20 minutes. If the onions begin to stick and the pan is dry, add a small amount (1/2 Tbsp) of water to loosen them slightly. Once onions are well caramelised, transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to a medium heat and add the remaining oil. Add the mushrooms and season with a little salt and pepper. Add the thyme leaves and toss through to combine. Sauté until softened, approximately 5 minutes. Add in the spinach and half of the French onion dip, toss through to combine and remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, season to taste and set aside to allow the spinach to wilt.
- Lightly butter each side of the bread and place the slices on the baking tray. Place under the grill to toast slightly for about 1 minute on each side. Remove the bread onto a work bench to assemble the melts.
- Spread the remaining French onion dip on one side of each slice. Top half of them with a layer of caramelised onion, followed by a layer of the mushroom and spinach mixture and finally top with cheese. Place the 2 slices with toppings under the grill for 1-2 minutes until the cheese has melted and begins to bubble. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining 2 slices of bread, slice in half diagonally and serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir or Sangiovese.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 18 Lamb cutlets Sea Salt Cobram Estate light EVOO YOGHURT SAUCE: 200g Greek yoghurt 1tbs Paprika 1tbs cumin powder Sea Salt HERB SAUCE: 1 bunch of Parsley 1 bunch of Basil 2 anchovies 1 cup Cobram...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm sliced pancetta 1 tsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped 400gm brussel sprouts, thinly shredded 50 gm shaved parmesan cheese MUSTARD DRESSING: 1 tbsp...
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...