2 – 4 people
- 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, finely sliced
- 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
- 4 spring fresh thyme
- 100gm baby spinach
- 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- 4 slices sourdough
- 1 Tbsp Lurpak unsalted butter
- ½ cup grated gruyere cheese
- Preheat the grill on medium-high and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring often until softened and golden brown, approximately 20 minutes. If the onions begin to stick and the pan is dry, add a small amount (1/2 Tbsp) of water to loosen them slightly. Once onions are well caramelised, transfer them to a bowl and set aside.
- Return the pan to a medium heat and add the remaining oil. Add the mushrooms and season with a little salt and pepper. Add the thyme leaves and toss through to combine. Sauté until softened, approximately 5 minutes. Add in the spinach and half of the French onion dip, toss through to combine and remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, season to taste and set aside to allow the spinach to wilt.
- Lightly butter each side of the bread and place the slices on the baking tray. Place under the grill to toast slightly for about 1 minute on each side. Remove the bread onto a work bench to assemble the melts.
- Spread the remaining French onion dip on one side of each slice. Top half of them with a layer of caramelised onion, followed by a layer of the mushroom and spinach mixture and finally top with cheese. Place the 2 slices with toppings under the grill for 1-2 minutes until the cheese has melted and begins to bubble. Remove from the oven and top with the remaining 2 slices of bread, slice in half diagonally and serve immediately.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir or Sangiovese.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...