Mussels in Sri Lankan White Curry
2 – 4 people
- 1 Kg mussels, debearded
- 2 Tbsp. ghee
- 10 cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- 1 tsp. coriander seed
- 2 tsp white peppercorn
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 inch piece galangal, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander root
- 400ml coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- Coriander leaves and chopped chilli to garnish
- In a mortar and pestle, roughly grind together cardamom, cloves, coriander seed and white peppercorns.
- In a food processor add galangal, ginger, lemongrass, shallot and coriander root and blitz into a fine paste. Add a little water if required to create a finer consistency.
- Melt ghee in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add ground spice mix and cinnamon and fry off for 1-2 minutes to release aromatics. Add paste and fry off for 3-4 minutes, being sure not to caramelise. Add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, tear kaffir lime leaves and add to sauce.
- Add mussels and immediately cover with lid. Allow mussels to steam for approximately 1 minute, possibly even less. Once mussels have opened, remove from heat.
- Taste and adjust as required with sugar, salt and fresh lime juice. Garnish with coriander and shredded kaffir lime leaves. Serve immediately in a communal dish.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...