Mussels in Sri Lankan White Curry
2 – 4 people
- 1 Kg mussels, debearded
- 2 Tbsp. ghee
- 10 cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- 1 tsp. coriander seed
- 2 tsp white peppercorn
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 inch piece galangal, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander root
- 400ml coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- Coriander leaves and chopped chilli to garnish
- In a mortar and pestle, roughly grind together cardamom, cloves, coriander seed and white peppercorns.
- In a food processor add galangal, ginger, lemongrass, shallot and coriander root and blitz into a fine paste. Add a little water if required to create a finer consistency.
- Melt ghee in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add ground spice mix and cinnamon and fry off for 1-2 minutes to release aromatics. Add paste and fry off for 3-4 minutes, being sure not to caramelise. Add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, tear kaffir lime leaves and add to sauce.
- Add mussels and immediately cover with lid. Allow mussels to steam for approximately 1 minute, possibly even less. Once mussels have opened, remove from heat.
- Taste and adjust as required with sugar, salt and fresh lime juice. Garnish with coriander and shredded kaffir lime leaves. Serve immediately in a communal dish.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...