Mussels in Sri Lankan White Curry
2 – 4 people
- 1 Kg mussels, debearded
- 2 Tbsp. ghee
- 10 cardamom pods
- 6 cloves
- 1 tsp. coriander seed
- 2 tsp white peppercorn
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 inch piece galangal, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only, roughly chopped
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander root
- 400ml coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- Coriander leaves and chopped chilli to garnish
- In a mortar and pestle, roughly grind together cardamom, cloves, coriander seed and white peppercorns.
- In a food processor add galangal, ginger, lemongrass, shallot and coriander root and blitz into a fine paste. Add a little water if required to create a finer consistency.
- Melt ghee in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add ground spice mix and cinnamon and fry off for 1-2 minutes to release aromatics. Add paste and fry off for 3-4 minutes, being sure not to caramelise. Add coconut milk and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, tear kaffir lime leaves and add to sauce.
- Add mussels and immediately cover with lid. Allow mussels to steam for approximately 1 minute, possibly even less. Once mussels have opened, remove from heat.
- Taste and adjust as required with sugar, salt and fresh lime juice. Garnish with coriander and shredded kaffir lime leaves. Serve immediately in a communal dish.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...