- 60ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbs sobrassada
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and coarsely dice
- 2 golden shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt and freshly milled pepper
- 1kg fresh clean mussels
- 125ml fino / dry sherry
- 3 tbs chopped flat leaf parsley
- Swirl olive oil into a preheated medium sized pot over a high heat. Stir in sobrassada, capsicum, shallot, fennel, tomatoes, bay, garlic and smoked paprika. Season and cook until the vegetables have softened. Add the mussels and stir well to combine. Add the sherry and put on a tight fitting lid. Cook for three to four minutes, giving a shake every minute to ensure they cook evenly. The mussels should, save for a few recalcitrant ones, all open. The next consideration is the sauce. If it’s a pleasing consistency, serve immediately. If not, remove the mussels with a slotted spoon and continue to boil hard until it reduces to a nice sauce then pour over the mussels and scatter with parsley.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...