2 – 4 people
- 1 sheet nori seaweed
- 280g packet chilled John West Trout Skin On
- 2 teaspoons Cobram Estate EVOO
- 90g udon noodles
- ½ small red capsicum, julienned
- 6 snow peas, julienned
- 1 spring onion, julienned
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ponzu
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Cut nori sheet into 2 x 6cm wide strips and wrap around John West Trout portions sealing ends with a little water. Heat oil in a non stick frypan over medium heat, cook trout for 4-5 minutes on both sides, until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook udon noodles following packet directions. Drain and toss with capsicum and snow peas.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well. Pour over noodles and gently toss.
- Place noodles and vegetables on serving plates, top with cooked salmon and garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir or Sparkling Wine.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...