2 – 4 people
- 1 sheet nori seaweed
- 280g packet chilled John West Trout Skin On
- 2 teaspoons Cobram Estate EVOO
- 90g udon noodles
- ½ small red capsicum, julienned
- 6 snow peas, julienned
- 1 spring onion, julienned
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ponzu
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Cut nori sheet into 2 x 6cm wide strips and wrap around John West Trout portions sealing ends with a little water. Heat oil in a non stick frypan over medium heat, cook trout for 4-5 minutes on both sides, until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook udon noodles following packet directions. Drain and toss with capsicum and snow peas.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well. Pour over noodles and gently toss.
- Place noodles and vegetables on serving plates, top with cooked salmon and garnish with spring onion and sesame seeds.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Noir or Sparkling Wine.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...