2 – 4 people
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats / activated buckwheat
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sultanas or dried berries
- 1/3 cup unhulled tahini
- 1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup rice syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Preheat fan-forced to 180 degrees. Line a small 20 x 30cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl including oats, sunflower seeds, desiccated coconut, flaxseed meal, buckwheat groats, cinnamon and sultanas.
- Place all wet ingredients in a medium sized saucepan, including tahini, honey, coconut oil, rice syrup, coconut sugar if using and vanilla paste plus half a cup of water. Place over low heat and mix well to combine. Remove from heat. If hot, allow to cool slightly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well with large spoon or using clean hands. The mixture should stick together when pressed, if not, add a little more water. Press mixture into baking tray and press out evenly.
- Place baking tray in oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edges and top of slice are golden. Remove from oven, allow to cool for about 15 minutes before removing from baking tray and place on cake rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
- Store when completely cooled in airtight container.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liquer Topaque.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...