2 – 4 people
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats / activated buckwheat
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sultanas or dried berries
- 1/3 cup unhulled tahini
- 1/3 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup rice syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Preheat fan-forced to 180 degrees. Line a small 20 x 30cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl including oats, sunflower seeds, desiccated coconut, flaxseed meal, buckwheat groats, cinnamon and sultanas.
- Place all wet ingredients in a medium sized saucepan, including tahini, honey, coconut oil, rice syrup, coconut sugar if using and vanilla paste plus half a cup of water. Place over low heat and mix well to combine. Remove from heat. If hot, allow to cool slightly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well with large spoon or using clean hands. The mixture should stick together when pressed, if not, add a little more water. Press mixture into baking tray and press out evenly.
- Place baking tray in oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the edges and top of slice are golden. Remove from oven, allow to cool for about 15 minutes before removing from baking tray and place on cake rack to cool completely. Slice and serve.
- Store when completely cooled in airtight container.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Liquer Topaque.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...