2 – 4 people
- 1 octopus, around 700g
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 small brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic, skin on, lightly bruised
- 10 black peppercorns
- ¼ bunch flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Cobram Estate classic EVOO
- 200g small tomatoes, on the truss
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Remove the beak and eyes from the octopus, wash under cold water and place it into a large pot with the carrot, onion, bay leaves, garlic, pepper and parsley. Cover with cold water, season with a good pinch of sea salt and place onto a medium heat. Bring up to a boil, then turn down to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 1 ½ hours, or until the octopus is tender. Remove the octopus from the stock and allow to cool before slicing into portions.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the tomatoes for 3-4 minutes, or until just blistered. Remove the tomatoes form the pan and place back onto a medium heat. Add in the octopus, garlic and chilli and cook for 2-3 minutes to warm through the octopus. Pour in the vinegar, sugar, parsley and a pinch of sea salt and stir through until the sugar has dissolved. To serve place the octopus onto a serving plate. Arrange the tomatoes on top of the octopus and drizzle with the sweet and sour dressing. Serve warm.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 600g Brussels sprouts 1 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped 3 spring onions, finely sliced ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted ½ cup dried cranberries 1 tablespoons Cobram Estate EVOO Sea salt and...
RECIPE BY: Michael weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x Coles Lamb backstraps Coles Ground Cumin (to taste) Coles Chilli flakes (to taste) Sea Salt (to taste) Cobram Estate Robust EVOO 2 Garlic cloves, chopped 2 tbsp Jalna Greek Yoghurt 2 tbsp ZoOSh...
SERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:1.5kg whole chickenMARINADE:1/2 cup ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (kecap manis)1/3 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk6 kaffir lime leaves (thinly sliced)1 tsp cinnamon powder / 1 cinnamon stick (crushed)1 green chilli (finely sliced)1 tbsp ginger...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbs Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 400g Edgell Brown Lentils, rinsed and well drained 2 tbs baby capers, drained 1 small red onion, finely diced 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced 1 pomegranate,...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 18 Lamb cutlets Sea Salt Cobram Estate light EVOO YOGHURT SAUCE: 200g Greek yoghurt 1tbs Paprika 1tbs cumin powder Sea Salt HERB SAUCE: 1 bunch of Parsley 1 bunch of Basil 2 anchovies 1 cup Cobram...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm sliced pancetta 1 tsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped 400gm brussel sprouts, thinly shredded 50 gm shaved parmesan cheese MUSTARD DRESSING: 1 tbsp...