2 – 4 people
- 1 octopus, around 700g
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 small brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 clove garlic, skin on, lightly bruised
- 10 black peppercorns
- ¼ bunch flat leaf parsley
- 2 Tablespoons Cobram Estate classic EVOO
- 200g small tomatoes, on the truss
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 Tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Remove the beak and eyes from the octopus, wash under cold water and place it into a large pot with the carrot, onion, bay leaves, garlic, pepper and parsley. Cover with cold water, season with a good pinch of sea salt and place onto a medium heat. Bring up to a boil, then turn down to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 1 ½ hours, or until the octopus is tender. Remove the octopus from the stock and allow to cool before slicing into portions.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook the tomatoes for 3-4 minutes, or until just blistered. Remove the tomatoes form the pan and place back onto a medium heat. Add in the octopus, garlic and chilli and cook for 2-3 minutes to warm through the octopus. Pour in the vinegar, sugar, parsley and a pinch of sea salt and stir through until the sugar has dissolved. To serve place the octopus onto a serving plate. Arrange the tomatoes on top of the octopus and drizzle with the sweet and sour dressing. Serve warm.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Fiano or Semillon.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...