Olive and Herb Focaccia
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 300gm strong bread flour
- 2 tsp dry yeast (7gm)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¾ cup water (180ml)
- ½ Tbsp. fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 5 chilli-marinated green olives, halved
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add the yeast, sugar and sea salt and mix to combine. Create a well in the centre of the flour and pour in olive oil and ½ of the water. Mix together with a wooden spoon to combine. Pour in remaining water and form into a dough. Turn out dough ball onto a lightly floured bench and knead for approximately 5-7 minutes until dough springs back when pressed. Form into a ball and place into a lightly oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover bowl tightly with cling film and place in a warm place for 1 hour, until it has doubled in size.
- Line a 20cmx30cm baking dish with greaseproof paper.
- Using a fist, knock the air out of the middle of the dough. Turn out onto prepared baking tray and gently press out into the baking tray until 1 inch thick, stretching out to the corners. Press your fingertips into the dough to form dimples. Press in herbs and olives into the dough. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Allow to sit in a warm place for a further 30 minutes to prove.
- Heat oven to 200C (fan-forced) and place focaccia in to bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. Serve with olive oil for dipping.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...