Olive and Herb Focaccia
- ¼ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 300gm strong bread flour
- 2 tsp dry yeast (7gm)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- ¾ cup water (180ml)
- ½ Tbsp. fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 5 chilli-marinated green olives, halved
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- Sift flour into a large bowl, add the yeast, sugar and sea salt and mix to combine. Create a well in the centre of the flour and pour in olive oil and ½ of the water. Mix together with a wooden spoon to combine. Pour in remaining water and form into a dough. Turn out dough ball onto a lightly floured bench and knead for approximately 5-7 minutes until dough springs back when pressed. Form into a ball and place into a lightly oiled bowl and turn to coat. Cover bowl tightly with cling film and place in a warm place for 1 hour, until it has doubled in size.
- Line a 20cmx30cm baking dish with greaseproof paper.
- Using a fist, knock the air out of the middle of the dough. Turn out onto prepared baking tray and gently press out into the baking tray until 1 inch thick, stretching out to the corners. Press your fingertips into the dough to form dimples. Press in herbs and olives into the dough. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Allow to sit in a warm place for a further 30 minutes to prove.
- Heat oven to 200C (fan-forced) and place focaccia in to bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack. Serve with olive oil for dipping.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...