2 – 4 people
- 3 medium eggs
- 100ml Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- 250gm self-raising flour
- 100gm Gruyere cheese, grated
- 60gm kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp rosemary, roughly chopped
- 150 ml of water
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease a loaf tin or ovenproof pan with olive oil and live with greaseproof paper, leaving a 2c, overhang of paper on each side, lengthways.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and olive oil until well combined. Add water to mixture and combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, cheese and olives and season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper and mix to combine. Create a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture. Mix ingredients well until you have a thick, even batter. Pour the batter into the lined loaf tin and level out with a spatula. Lightly drizzle over extra olive oil and sprinkle with rosemary.
- Place in the oven to bake for 30-4o minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. The loaf should be nicely golden brown. Remove from the loaf tin using the overhanging tabs and place on a wire rack to cool.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Merlot or Cabernet Sauvignon
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...