2 – 4 people
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 50gm baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 200g chickpea (gram) flour
- 50g self-raising flour
- 150ml water
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 250ml Jalna Greek yoghurt
- ½ bunch mint leaves, picked, chopped
- ½ bunch coriander leaves, picked, chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- Small pinch sugar
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 180C.
- In a large bowl, add the potato, carrot, onions and combine with a pinch of salt. Next, add in cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, another pinch of salt and mix through. Add in spinach and combine. Sprinkle in the flours and mix to coat the vegetables. Slowly add water, a little at a time, mixing after each addition until you get a thick battered coating over the vegetables.
- Gently drop spoonfuls of batter into the fryer or pan, and fry in batches for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Transfer onto paper towel and season with salt. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve hot with mint yoghurt on the side.
- Roughly chop mint and coriander. In a bowl, mix yoghurt, lime juice and chopped herbs. Season to taste with a pinch of sugar and salt.
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 packet (500g) Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice 1 Brown Onion diced 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced 1tbsp Ground Garam Masala 1tbsp Ground Cumin 1tbsp Ground Coriander 1tbsp Ground Tumeric 1tbsp Mustard Seeds 1...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan (Ikuei Arakane) SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 120g cabbage (finely chopped) 25g spring onion (finely chopped) 100g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil BATTER: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 2 eggs (size = 700g dozen)...