2 – 4 people
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 50gm baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 200g chickpea (gram) flour
- 50g self-raising flour
- 150ml water
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying
- 250ml Jalna Greek yoghurt
- ½ bunch mint leaves, picked, chopped
- ½ bunch coriander leaves, picked, chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- Small pinch sugar
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 180C.
- In a large bowl, add the potato, carrot, onions and combine with a pinch of salt. Next, add in cumin, coriander, garam masala, turmeric, another pinch of salt and mix through. Add in spinach and combine. Sprinkle in the flours and mix to coat the vegetables. Slowly add water, a little at a time, mixing after each addition until you get a thick battered coating over the vegetables.
- Gently drop spoonfuls of batter into the fryer or pan, and fry in batches for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Transfer onto paper towel and season with salt. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve hot with mint yoghurt on the side.
- Roughly chop mint and coriander. In a bowl, mix yoghurt, lime juice and chopped herbs. Season to taste with a pinch of sugar and salt.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sauvignon Blanc or Merlot.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...