2 – 4 people
- 2 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Pancetta, diced
- ½ tsp chopped rosemary leaves
- ½ tsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 180g pearl barley
- 2 Litre Massel Salt reduced chicken stock
- ½ cup Coles grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the onion and garlic, stir to coat in oil for 1-2 minutes and add the pancetta and herbs. Stir though and cook until onions are translucent. Add the carrot, celery and barley and stir through to combine. Cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring often. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer with the lid on for 45-50 minutes, or until barley becomes soft. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, add 1 Tbsp of parmesan to the baking tray and spread out into a circle. Repeat with remaining cheese, leaving ½ inch between each. Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes until golden and crisp. Cool before serving.
- Divide soup into serving bowls and serve with parmesan crisps.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Sangiovese – match the sweet and smokey bacon and the earthiness of the pearl parley.
RECIPE BY:Courtney Roulston and Scott McRaeSERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:12 fresh scallops in the half shell80g Lurpak butter, room temperature2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated1 large clove garlic, grated2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped1 green...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp cooking sake 2 Tbsp Coles soy sauce 1 inch piece ginger, peeled, finely grated 1 clove garlic, finely grated 4 chicken thighs, diced into 2 inch thick pieces 1/4 cup potato or corn starch** 1/4...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 6 slices Coles Laurent Sourdough bread 1 tub Zoosh Sour Cream & Chives dip 100ml Cobram Estate classic EVOO 3 cups broccoli florets, finely chopped BASIL PESTO: 1 cup basil leaves 1/2 cup flat leaf...
RECIPE BY: Lillie Giang SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp water 1 cup red syrup 1 cup Valcom Water Chestnut Whole (cut into small, evenly, bite-sized pieces) 1 cup tapioca flour ½ cup water ½ cup sugar 1 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk crushed ice a pinch of...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 packet (500g) Birds Eye Cauliflower Rice 1 Brown Onion diced 2 Garlic Cloves finely diced 1tbsp Ground Garam Masala 1tbsp Ground Cumin 1tbsp Ground Coriander 1tbsp Ground Tumeric 1tbsp Mustard Seeds 1...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan (Ikuei Arakane) SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 120g cabbage (finely chopped) 25g spring onion (finely chopped) 100g squid tube (finely chopped) 3 tbsp vegetable oil BATTER: 120g plain flour 1 tsp baking powder 2 eggs (size = 700g dozen)...