- 4 thick slices day-old Italian bread (Ciabatta or Pane di Casa)
- 6 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 ripe truss tomatoes
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. baby capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 large ball fresh buffalo mozzarella (150-200gm)
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- ½ cup picked basil leaves, roughly torn
- ½ cup picked Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200C. Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place into a small bowl. Drizzle over 2 Tbsp. olive oil and season with a pinch of salt. Toss to combine and transfer to a baking tray. Place in the oven and bake until golden brown, approximately 7-10 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- Cut tomatoes and cucumber into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl along with the onion and capers. Tear the mozzarella into bites-sized pieces and add to other ingredients, toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add the vinegar, mustard, garlic and a pinch of salt and freshly cracked black pepper and whisk to combine. Gradually drizzle in the remaining olive oil, whisking continuously until emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Add in the herbs and stir to coat.
- Add the bread to the salad bowl and pour over the dressing. Gently toss to coat all ingredients. Allow to sit for at least 20 minutes to allow dressing to soak through the bread and infuse the flavours. Gently re-toss the salad just before serving, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and a sprinkle with a little salt and cracked black pepper.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...