2 – 4 people
I have cooked this recipe at many of my cooking demonstrations and for catering events and no word of a lie, I have converted many a pea hater, into people that love these fritters and go on to ask me for the recipe.
They make a great addition to eggs and salmon on a breakfast plate in the morning or can be served with the sour cream and some smoked salmon on top as a party canapé.
These also make for a great afternoon snack and if there any leftovers, they are perfect served chilled as lunchbox fillers too (Accademy award for fritters goes to…)
Best of all, most of the ingredients in this recipe are pantry, fridge of freezer staples and making a few batches of these will certainly not send you broke.
- 3 cups frozen baby peas, thawed
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 200 g Greek feta, crumbled
- 1 cup cobram olive oil
- 250g Low Fat Philadelphia cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place three-quarters of the peas in a food processor and blitz to a coarse mash.
- Stir in the spring onion, lemon zest, egg, cream and remaining peas until combined.
- Add the flour and gently fold through the mixture, then fold in the feta. Season to taste with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the oil into a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and heat to 160°C (315°F) or until a cube of bread dropped in the oil browns in 30–35 seconds.
- Working in batches add heaped tablespoons of the pea mixture to the oil and cook for 2 minutes each side or until crisp, golden and slightly puffed.
- Remove and drain on paper towel. Season lightly with sea salt flakes.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream and dill in a bowl and drizzle over the oil.
- Serve the fritters warm with the dill dressing and lemon wedges on the side.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 teaspoons ground cumin 2 teaspoons ground coriander 6 cloves garlic, peeled 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped Juice of 1 lemon, plus extra to serve 400g skinless, boneless Coles chicken thigh, sliced...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 300gm Coles spaghetti or spaghettini ¼ cup Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper 1 ½ cups grated grand padano ½ cup grated pecorino METHOD : Bring a pot of...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil 4 cloves garlic, sliced 1 Asian shallot, sliced 1.5 inch piece galangal, peeled and thinly sliced 2 stalks lemongrass 1 tsp ground turmeric ½ tsp chilli...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x Simsons Pantry black rice wraps 2 cups Cobram Estate light olive oil (for frying) 2 small rip avocados 2 limes Sea salt for seasoning 200g sashimi grade yellowfin tuna 2 small French shallots,...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 tub ZoOSh French onion dip 4 Coles Brioche Burger buns 600g Ground Chuck Steak or 3 star mince 1 Onion, chopped in half circles 150g Blue cheese 1 iceberg lettuce, sliced Cobram Estate Light Extra...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 400g tin Edgell Chickpeas, drained and rinsed 100g self-raising flour 2 eggs, lightly whisked 1/3 cup milk 200g Edgell corn kernels, drained and rinsed 1 carrot, grated 2 spring onions, finely sliced 1/3...