2 – 4 people
I have cooked this recipe at many of my cooking demonstrations and for catering events and no word of a lie, I have converted many a pea hater, into people that love these fritters and go on to ask me for the recipe.
They make a great addition to eggs and salmon on a breakfast plate in the morning or can be served with the sour cream and some smoked salmon on top as a party canapé.
These also make for a great afternoon snack and if there any leftovers, they are perfect served chilled as lunchbox fillers too (Accademy award for fritters goes to…)
Best of all, most of the ingredients in this recipe are pantry, fridge of freezer staples and making a few batches of these will certainly not send you broke.
- 3 cups frozen baby peas, thawed
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons thickened cream
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 200 g Greek feta, crumbled
- 1 cup cobram olive oil
- 250g Low Fat Philadelphia cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place three-quarters of the peas in a food processor and blitz to a coarse mash.
- Stir in the spring onion, lemon zest, egg, cream and remaining peas until combined.
- Add the flour and gently fold through the mixture, then fold in the feta. Season to taste with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the oil into a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat and heat to 160°C (315°F) or until a cube of bread dropped in the oil browns in 30–35 seconds.
- Working in batches add heaped tablespoons of the pea mixture to the oil and cook for 2 minutes each side or until crisp, golden and slightly puffed.
- Remove and drain on paper towel. Season lightly with sea salt flakes.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, sour cream and dill in a bowl and drizzle over the oil.
- Serve the fritters warm with the dill dressing and lemon wedges on the side.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 600g Brussels sprouts 1 cup flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped 3 spring onions, finely sliced ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted ½ cup dried cranberries 1 tablespoons Cobram Estate EVOO Sea salt and...
RECIPE BY: Michael weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x Coles Lamb backstraps Coles Ground Cumin (to taste) Coles Chilli flakes (to taste) Sea Salt (to taste) Cobram Estate Robust EVOO 2 Garlic cloves, chopped 2 tbsp Jalna Greek Yoghurt 2 tbsp ZoOSh...
SERVING SIZE:2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS:1.5kg whole chickenMARINADE:1/2 cup ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (kecap manis)1/3 cup TCC Premium Coconut Milk6 kaffir lime leaves (thinly sliced)1 tsp cinnamon powder / 1 cinnamon stick (crushed)1 green chilli (finely sliced)1 tbsp ginger...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbs Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 400g Edgell Brown Lentils, rinsed and well drained 2 tbs baby capers, drained 1 small red onion, finely diced 1 Lebanese cucumber, finely diced 1 pomegranate,...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 18 Lamb cutlets Sea Salt Cobram Estate light EVOO YOGHURT SAUCE: 200g Greek yoghurt 1tbs Paprika 1tbs cumin powder Sea Salt HERB SAUCE: 1 bunch of Parsley 1 bunch of Basil 2 anchovies 1 cup Cobram...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 60gm sliced pancetta 1 tsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped 400gm brussel sprouts, thinly shredded 50 gm shaved parmesan cheese MUSTARD DRESSING: 1 tbsp...