Pea Guacamole & Black Rice Chips
4 as a Snack
- 4 pack Simson’s Pantry Regular Gluten Free Black Rice Wraps, cut into triangles
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- Raw crudité to serve (baby fennel, red radishes, Dutch carrots,)
- 3 ripe avocados
- 200g frozen peas, blanched, plus extra to serve
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tb lime juice, plus zest
- 1 jalapeno chilli, seeds removed, chopped
- sea salt to season
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, toasted to garnish
- ¼ cup coriander, leaves picked
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the wraps into a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, sea salt and cumin.
- Place onto a lined oven tray in a single layer and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy. Remove and allow to cool before serving.
- For the guacamole, place the avocado flesh, peas, garlic, lime, jalapeno and sea salt into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place the guacamole into a serving bowl and garnish with extra green peas, sunflower seeds and coriander. Serve with the black rice chips and sliced raw crudités on a large platter.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...