2 – 4 people
- 1 large bunch basil, picked (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 packed cup baby spinach leaves
- 200gm pasta Casarecce
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, roughly chopped
- ½ cup shredded parmesan, plus extra
- 50ml fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends removed, diced into 2cm pieces
- 1 ½ cups rocket leaves
- In a food processor add the basil, baby spinach, garlic, 1/3 cup of parmesan, lemon juice, ¼ cup olive oil and a generous pinch of salt and pepper; blitz together until well combined. Adjust seasoning to your desired taste. Set aside until required.
- Place a small frypan over a medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add pinenuts and toss to coat. Toast pinenuts until golden brown, tossing often to ensure even coverage of colour. Transfer to pesto mixture along with remaining parmesan cheese and mix through.
- Heat a pot of salted boiling water and cook pasta as per instructions. Strain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place remaining olive oil in a frypan over a medium heat and gently fry off asparagus until the colour intensifies and it softens slightly, approximately 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add pasta and pesto sauce and toss to combine. Remove from heat, add rocket and fold through. The residual heat will wilt the rocket. Season with salt and pepper if required. Divide into serving bowls and garnish with extra parmesan and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...