Philly Cheese Steak
1 Large Steak Sandwiches
Prep Time 15-20mins
Cook Time 10mins
- 2 Coles Scotch Fillet Steaks
- *Placed into the freezer for 1.5 hrs, then sliced thinly
- 2 Coles Ciabatta roll, cut in half lengthways
- 8 slices Coles Swiss Cheese
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 green capsicum, cut into strips
- 1 brown onion, cut into slices
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, cut into strips
- 1 bunch of parsley, leaves picked
- ¼ cup ZoOSh Free Range Egg Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp grain mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat a saucepan over a medium heat. Once heated, drizzle some olive oil and then add capsicum, onions, jalapenos and season with salt. Cook until softened.
- Season steak with salt and then drizzle oil over the top, enough to lightly coat them and prevent it from sticking to the grill or pan. Heat a flat griddle, BBQ or large frypan over a medium heat and then place the meat flat onto the cooking surface. Flip after 3-4 minutes. After a couple of minutes, top the steak with cheese and the onions and peppers mixture. Place lid on top to allow the cheese to melt and cook until the steak is browned on the bottom and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread or this can be added to the bbq grill whilst waiting for the cheese to melt.
- Spread mustard and mayo onto each side of the roll, add the lettuce to the bottom slice and build with the hot steak, onions, pepper and cheese, finishing with the bread. Allow to rest for 2-3 minutes. Slice into 2-3 pieces. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...