2 – 4 people
- 750g Green Lip Mussels (can substitute black mussels if greenlip unavailable)
- 2 long red chillies, sliced into thick rings
- 200ml Cobram Estate olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 150ml white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely sliced
- ½ cup Philadelphia garden herb & onion spreadable cream cheese
- 4 slices Sourdough to serve, toasted
- Heat a large saucepan over a high heat, add mussels, cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally. Drain and remove mussels from shell and remove any beards. Place mussels in a single layer in a tray.
- Bring a frying pan to a high heat, add chilli and dry fry for 1-2 minutes to slightly char. Carefully add half the oil, garlic and peppercorns. Fry for 2 minutes before adding in the vinegar, salt, sugar and remaining oil. Check for balance of sweet and sour and bring up to the boil. Pour over the mussels and set aside for 45 minutes at room temperature to pickle.
- To serve spread the cream cheese onto toasted sourdough and top with a couple of pickled mussels, garnish with chives and slice toast into fingers.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Fiano or Vermentino
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...