- 1 small Coles chicken
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon 5 spice powder
- 2 teaspoons flakey salt
- 1 cup plain flour (can use gf flour)
- 2 cups Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- If the chicken is whole, using a knife or cleaver to cut through the thigh joints then cut the legs from the thighs. Cut through the wing joints at the breast then remove the wing tips; you may also cut through the middle joint of the wing. With the breast side down, and using kitchen scissors, cut lengthways next to the backbone. Cut at the sides to detach the backs and cut these into two. Cut lengthways through the center of the breastbone then cut each breast piece into three.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add the herbs, spices and salt. Heat the oil to medium in a heavy based frying pan. Coat ½ of the chicken pieces with the flour, dip into the egg mixture and then place into the pan, being careful not to overload the pan. Cook for 8 minutes or until golden brown on one side then turn to cook a further 6 minutes. This time may vary according to the size of the chicken pieces. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...