Pork, Apple and Fennel Sausage Rolls with Onion Relish
- 500gm Coles Finest Pork Sausages with Cider and Apple
- 1 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 ½ sheets puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 4 Brown Onions
- 1 Apple, grated
- ½ Tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp. Malt vinegar
- Preheat oven to 220C and line a flat baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, remove sausage meat from their casings and set aside.
- Add the oil to a pan over a medium heat. Slice the onions and add to pan. Caramelise onions to soften slightly, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the apple and stir through, cook to soften for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fennel seeds and toast off. Add sugar and vinegar and cook down until the moisture has dissipated and steam has stopped rising from the apple, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, add the apple to the mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper and using clean hands, mix to combine well.
- Lay puff pastry sheets out onto a clean work bench. Cut the full sheet of pastry in half, lengthways.
- Divide pork mixture into 3 portions and lay out evenly, lengthways along the centre of each sheet of pastry.
- Brush one side with egg wash and roll over to seal pastry together. Trim the ends if necessary and cut each roll into 3 equal portions.
- Place rolls seam side down on the prepared baking tray, brush with egg wash and top with a sprinkle of poppy seeds.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Slice each roll into 3.
- Serve hot with Onion Relish.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...