Pork, Apple and Fennel Sausage Rolls with Onion Relish
- 500gm Coles Finest Pork Sausages with Cider and Apple
- 1 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 ½ sheets puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 4 Brown Onions
- 1 Apple, grated
- ½ Tbsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ Tbsp. Malt vinegar
- Preheat oven to 220C and line a flat baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, remove sausage meat from their casings and set aside.
- Add the oil to a pan over a medium heat. Slice the onions and add to pan. Caramelise onions to soften slightly, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the apple and stir through, cook to soften for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fennel seeds and toast off. Add sugar and vinegar and cook down until the moisture has dissipated and steam has stopped rising from the apple, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, add the apple to the mixing bowl, season with salt and pepper and using clean hands, mix to combine well.
- Lay puff pastry sheets out onto a clean work bench. Cut the full sheet of pastry in half, lengthways.
- Divide pork mixture into 3 portions and lay out evenly, lengthways along the centre of each sheet of pastry.
- Brush one side with egg wash and roll over to seal pastry together. Trim the ends if necessary and cut each roll into 3 equal portions.
- Place rolls seam side down on the prepared baking tray, brush with egg wash and top with a sprinkle of poppy seeds.
- Place in the oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Slice each roll into 3.
- Serve hot with Onion Relish.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...