Pork & Shiitake Dumplings with Black Vinegar
2 – 4 people
- 1/4 cup Lee Kum Kee soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic oil
- 1/4 cup Chinkiang vinegar ( black vinegar )
- 1 tsp. caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Shaoxing rice wine
- Spring onion, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- 300g Coles pork mince
- 150g Shiitake mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, finely grated
- 1/3 cup spring onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 packet wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oil in a frypan on high heat until smoking. Add mushrooms and fry until evenly caramelised, for approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Combine pork mince, garlic, ginger, spring onions, white pepper, soy sauce, Shaoxing + sesame oil in a bowl, and mix together thoroughly with your hands. Add mushrooms, gently combine.
- Lay out 6 wonton wrappers at a time. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of pork mixture on each wrapper. Brush edges of wonton wrapper with water and fold into triangles. Pinch edges to seal, bring the 2 points of the triangle base together ( like tortellini ). Set folded wontons aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Meanwhile, make dressing.
- Combine soy sauce, black vinegar, sugar, chilli garlic oil, Shaoxing rice wine, ginger + garlic in a bowl and whisk together. Season to taste and adjust if necessary with sugar / soy / vinegar.
- Lower wontons into boiling water in batches of 8-10 and cook until they float, approximately 3 minutes. Test one to see if the centre is cooked through.
- Serve dumpling with a teaspoon of dressing and a sprinkle of peanuts and finely sliced spring onions.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...