Pork & Shiitake Dumplings with Black Vinegar
2 – 4 people
- 1/4 cup Lee Kum Kee soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee Chilli Garlic oil
- 1/4 cup Chinkiang vinegar ( black vinegar )
- 1 tsp. caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Shaoxing rice wine
- Spring onion, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- 300g Coles pork mince
- 150g Shiitake mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Lee Kum Kee sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp. ginger, finely grated
- 1/3 cup spring onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp. ground white pepper
- 2 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 packet wonton wrappers
- 1/2 cup water
- Heat oil in a frypan on high heat until smoking. Add mushrooms and fry until evenly caramelised, for approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
- Combine pork mince, garlic, ginger, spring onions, white pepper, soy sauce, Shaoxing + sesame oil in a bowl, and mix together thoroughly with your hands. Add mushrooms, gently combine.
- Lay out 6 wonton wrappers at a time. Place 1 heaped teaspoon of pork mixture on each wrapper. Brush edges of wonton wrapper with water and fold into triangles. Pinch edges to seal, bring the 2 points of the triangle base together ( like tortellini ). Set folded wontons aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Meanwhile, make dressing.
- Combine soy sauce, black vinegar, sugar, chilli garlic oil, Shaoxing rice wine, ginger + garlic in a bowl and whisk together. Season to taste and adjust if necessary with sugar / soy / vinegar.
- Lower wontons into boiling water in batches of 8-10 and cook until they float, approximately 3 minutes. Test one to see if the centre is cooked through.
- Serve dumpling with a teaspoon of dressing and a sprinkle of peanuts and finely sliced spring onions.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...