Prawn Toasts with Sriracha Mayo
- 500gm King prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp. coriander, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup black and white sesame seeds
- 8 thick slices white bread, crust removed
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil frying
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- 60ml Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 350ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large mixing bowl add egg yolks, mustard, sriracha, vinegar and salt and whisk to combine. Begin emulsifying into a mayonnaise by slowly pouring in both oils and whisking continuously until thickened. Set aside or refrigerate until required.
- In a food processor add prawn meat, garlic, ginger, egg white, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce and blitz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in spring onion and coriander. Adjust seasoning if required.
- In a shallow bowl, combine panko crumb and sesame seeds and mix together. Set aside.
- Spread prawn mixture evenly onto bread slices, all the way to the edges, approximately 2 Tbsp. on each. Cut into quarters diagonally. Brush the tops and sides of bread with egg and transfer to panko-sesame crumb, lightly press to coat.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or wok to 180C. Fry prawn toasts in batches, turning occasionally until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel. Season lightly with sea salt.
- Serve with mayonnaise as a dipping sauce.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...