Prawn Toasts with Sriracha Mayo
- 500gm King prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp. coriander, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup black and white sesame seeds
- 8 thick slices white bread, crust removed
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil frying
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- 60ml Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 350ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large mixing bowl add egg yolks, mustard, sriracha, vinegar and salt and whisk to combine. Begin emulsifying into a mayonnaise by slowly pouring in both oils and whisking continuously until thickened. Set aside or refrigerate until required.
- In a food processor add prawn meat, garlic, ginger, egg white, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce and blitz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in spring onion and coriander. Adjust seasoning if required.
- In a shallow bowl, combine panko crumb and sesame seeds and mix together. Set aside.
- Spread prawn mixture evenly onto bread slices, all the way to the edges, approximately 2 Tbsp. on each. Cut into quarters diagonally. Brush the tops and sides of bread with egg and transfer to panko-sesame crumb, lightly press to coat.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or wok to 180C. Fry prawn toasts in batches, turning occasionally until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel. Season lightly with sea salt.
- Serve with mayonnaise as a dipping sauce.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...