Prawn Toasts with Sriracha Mayo
- 500gm King prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. white sugar
- 1 tsp. Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. Lee Kum Kee Premium Soy Sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp. coriander, finely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup panko crumbs
- ¼ cup black and white sesame seeds
- 8 thick slices white bread, crust removed
- Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil frying
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 2 Tbsp. white vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- 60ml Lee Kum Kee Pure Sesame Oil
- 350ml Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large mixing bowl add egg yolks, mustard, sriracha, vinegar and salt and whisk to combine. Begin emulsifying into a mayonnaise by slowly pouring in both oils and whisking continuously until thickened. Set aside or refrigerate until required.
- In a food processor add prawn meat, garlic, ginger, egg white, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce and blitz until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in spring onion and coriander. Adjust seasoning if required.
- In a shallow bowl, combine panko crumb and sesame seeds and mix together. Set aside.
- Spread prawn mixture evenly onto bread slices, all the way to the edges, approximately 2 Tbsp. on each. Cut into quarters diagonally. Brush the tops and sides of bread with egg and transfer to panko-sesame crumb, lightly press to coat.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or wok to 180C. Fry prawn toasts in batches, turning occasionally until golden brown, approximately 3 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel. Season lightly with sea salt.
- Serve with mayonnaise as a dipping sauce.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS : 300gm raw banana prawns, cleaned, chopped into 2cm pieces 130gm raw chorizo, peeled 200gm fettuccine 1 Tbsp. Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced ¼ cup toasted pine nuts 1/3 cup...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 4 - 6 people INGREDIENTS : 1 cup cooked red quinoa seeds 1 medium bulb fennel, finely sliced-fronds reserved for garnish 1 can brown lentils, drained and rinsed 2 cups baby rocket leaves 2Tb lemon juice 2Tb Cobram Estate...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 4 people INGREDIENTS : ¼ cup Cobram Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 tin Coles brown lentils, drained and rinsed 1 Litre Massel liquid Vegetable Stock 4 cloves garlic, grated 1 tsp. KEEN’s Curry Powder ½ KEEN’s Chilli Powder 1 Tsp....
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 4 people INGREDIENTS : 1 x packet of Coles Finest Lamb Sausages 1 large Brown onion, chopped 2 garlic cloves, diced 2tbs KEEN’s Curry Powder 1tbs Cumin powder 2 sprigs of Curry leaf 1 tin of Ardmona Chopped Tomatoes 1 fresh...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 6 - 8 people INGREDIENTS : 1 whole kent pumpkin, around 2/ 2.5kg 1/3 cup (80ml) cobram olive oil 1 brown onion, diced 2 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 cups curly kale, stems removed, finely chopped 2/3 cup...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 4 people 20 Falafel *Start this recipe the night before FALAFEL: 250g dried chickpeas ½ tsp KEEN’s Chilli Powder 2tbsp cumin seeds 2tbsp coriander seeds 2tsp ground allspice 1tsp baking powder 1 onion, finely chopped 3...