2 – 4 people
- 1 kg Coles Chuck Steak
- 1 pkt Coles Brioche Rolls
- Burger Slices
- 500ml Massel Liquid Beef Stock
- 1 Brown Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, quatred
- 100ml Tomato Sauce
- 1tbs Fennel Seeds
- 1tbs Chilli Flakes
- 1tbs Smoked Paprika
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Pineapple Juice
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160 degrees.
- In a pot over a stove, stir together beef stock, tomato sauce, garlic, onion, paprika, fennel seeds, chilli flakes, pineapple juice and brown sugar. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Slice up steak into chunks and put into an oven-proof baking dish. Season beef with seasalt.
- Once stock mixture has come to a boil, take off the heat and pour over beef. Cover oven tray with aluminum foil and put into oven. Allow to cook for 1 and a half hours. Remove aluminum foil and put back in the oven for another half an hour.
- Take beef out of the oven and transfer to a large pan over a stove. Stir as liquid reduces. Once it has reduced, take off heat.
- Finely slice up lettuce and toast brioche buns.
- To construct burgers, fill buns with lettuce, beef and top with cheese.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Malbec or Shiraz.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...