Pumpkin & Ricotta Gnudi
- 700gm butternut pumpkin, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary, stems removed, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 500gm ricotta, strained
- ½ cup parmesan, finely grated, plus extra for garnish
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups plain flour
BURNT BUTTER SAUCE:
- 100gm butter
- 20 sage leaves, stems removed
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut pumpkin into 1 inch cubes and place into a mixing bowl along with the unpeeled garlic cloves, olive oil, rosemary and half the amount of salt and pepper, toss to combine. Transfer to a lined baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until garlic and pumpkin are tender. Remove to cool slightly. Squeeze garlic out of the skin and transfer back to the mixing bowl along with the pumpkin and mash until smooth. Allow to cool completely.
- Once pumpkin has cooled add the ricotta, parmesan, egg, nutmeg and remaining salt and pepper and pulse in a food processor. Place in a mixing bowl and sift the flour in ½ a cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mixture should resemble a sticky dough.
- Flour the bench generously and spoon out 1 cup of mixture at a time. With floured hands roll dough into a snake-like shape, about ½ an inch thick. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1 inch pieces and lay out onto a lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining mixture. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until required.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the dumplings in batches and remove using a slotted spoon onto paper towel. Gnudi will be ready when they rise to the top of the water.
- Meanwhile, place a frypan over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once butter has melted, add the sage leaves and gently toss to coat. Cook down until sage is crisp and butter turns a light golden colour. Remove from heat, add pine nuts and a squeeze of lemon juice. Taste and adjust with more lemon juice if required.
- Place gnudi into pan w burnt butter and coat. Serve with pine nuts and grated parmesan.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...