Pumpkin & Ricotta Gnudi
- 700gm butternut pumpkin, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary, stems removed, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 500gm ricotta, strained
- ½ cup parmesan, finely grated, plus extra for garnish
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups plain flour
BURNT BUTTER SAUCE:
- 100gm butter
- 20 sage leaves, stems removed
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Cut pumpkin into 1 inch cubes and place into a mixing bowl along with the unpeeled garlic cloves, olive oil, rosemary and half the amount of salt and pepper, toss to combine. Transfer to a lined baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until garlic and pumpkin are tender. Remove to cool slightly. Squeeze garlic out of the skin and transfer back to the mixing bowl along with the pumpkin and mash until smooth. Allow to cool completely.
- Once pumpkin has cooled add the ricotta, parmesan, egg, nutmeg and remaining salt and pepper and pulse in a food processor. Place in a mixing bowl and sift the flour in ½ a cup at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mixture should resemble a sticky dough.
- Flour the bench generously and spoon out 1 cup of mixture at a time. With floured hands roll dough into a snake-like shape, about ½ an inch thick. Using a sharp knife, cut into 1 inch pieces and lay out onto a lined baking tray. Repeat with remaining mixture. Cover with cling film and refrigerate until required.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the dumplings in batches and remove using a slotted spoon onto paper towel. Gnudi will be ready when they rise to the top of the water.
- Meanwhile, place a frypan over medium-high heat and add the butter. Once butter has melted, add the sage leaves and gently toss to coat. Cook down until sage is crisp and butter turns a light golden colour. Remove from heat, add pine nuts and a squeeze of lemon juice. Taste and adjust with more lemon juice if required.
- Place gnudi into pan w burnt butter and coat. Serve with pine nuts and grated parmesan.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...