Red Curry Maryland
- 4 Coles chicken marylands
- 10 long red chillies, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks lemongrass, white part only grated
- 2 golden shallots, roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. coriander root, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Lee Kum Kee Fine Shrimp Sauce
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for fry pan)
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 500ml Massel Liquid Chicken Stock
- 400ml coconut cream
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, deveined and chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- In a food processor place chilli, garlic, lemongrass, shallots, ginger, coriander root, olive oil and shrimp sauce and blitz into a paste. Add a dash of water to loosen if required.
- Heat the oil in a wok on high until smoking. Add the spice paste, stir continuously around the wok and fry off until aromatics are released and steam stops rising from the paste, approximately 8-10 minutes. Add fish sauce and brown sugar and stir though. Add chicken stock and coconut cream and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- In a deep baking tray, arrange chicken marylands and pour in curry sauce, ensuring that everything is covered. Place in the oven, uncovered for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Pour excess curry sauce into a saucepan and place on a medium-high heat. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Before serving, add the kaffir lime leaves and stir through.
- Divide marylands into serving bowls and serve with steamed jasmine rice. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with coriander.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...