Red Curry Maryland
- 4 Coles chicken marylands
- 10 long red chillies, roughly chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks lemongrass, white part only grated
- 2 golden shallots, roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. coriander root, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Lee Kum Kee Fine Shrimp Sauce
- 2 tbsp Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil (for fry pan)
- 3 Tbsp. fish sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 500ml Massel Liquid Chicken Stock
- 400ml coconut cream
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, deveined and chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- In a food processor place chilli, garlic, lemongrass, shallots, ginger, coriander root, olive oil and shrimp sauce and blitz into a paste. Add a dash of water to loosen if required.
- Heat the oil in a wok on high until smoking. Add the spice paste, stir continuously around the wok and fry off until aromatics are released and steam stops rising from the paste, approximately 8-10 minutes. Add fish sauce and brown sugar and stir though. Add chicken stock and coconut cream and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- In a deep baking tray, arrange chicken marylands and pour in curry sauce, ensuring that everything is covered. Place in the oven, uncovered for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Pour excess curry sauce into a saucepan and place on a medium-high heat. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Before serving, add the kaffir lime leaves and stir through.
- Divide marylands into serving bowls and serve with steamed jasmine rice. Spoon sauce over chicken and garnish with coriander.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...