2 – 4 people
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 40g Lurpak butter
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100g thick cut speck or bacon, diced
- 200g carnaroli or Arborio rice
- 100ml dry white wine
- 1 litre (4 cups) low salt Massel chicken stock, heated
- 200g frozen peas, thawed
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated from the block
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oil and half the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat, add onion, garlic and speck and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the rice and toast for 2 minutes to coat the rice. Add in the wine and simmer until evaporated. Add in the hot stock 1 ladle at a time, continually stirring for 15-20 minutes and until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Stir through the peas and remaining butter for the last couple of minutes of cooking. Remove from the heat and stir through half the Parmesan, lemon zest, juice and parsley. Place into serving bowls and scatter with extra Parmesan before serving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...