2 – 4 people
- 2 tablespoons Cobram Estate Classic EVOO
- 40g Lurpak butter
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 100g thick cut speck or bacon, diced
- 200g carnaroli or Arborio rice
- 100ml dry white wine
- 1 litre (4 cups) low salt Massel chicken stock, heated
- 200g frozen peas, thawed
- 50g Parmesan cheese, grated from the block
- Juice and zest of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat oil and half the butter in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat, add onion, garlic and speck and sauté for 4-5 minutes. Stir in the rice and toast for 2 minutes to coat the rice. Add in the wine and simmer until evaporated. Add in the hot stock 1 ladle at a time, continually stirring for 15-20 minutes and until all the stock has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. Stir through the peas and remaining butter for the last couple of minutes of cooking. Remove from the heat and stir through half the Parmesan, lemon zest, juice and parsley. Place into serving bowls and scatter with extra Parmesan before serving.
Our friends at Wine Selectors recommend pairing this dish with a Pinot Grigio.
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...