Risotto w Rob
- 400gm Coles Arborio Rice
- 5 Litres Massel Vegetable Liquid Stock
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 brown onion, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1gm saffron threads
- 50gm unsalted butter
- 125gm parmesan, finely grated
- Place a heavy based pan over a medium heat and warm the oil. Add the onion and garlic, stirring continuously to avoid colouring, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the saffron threads and stir through for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the rice in the oil and onion mixture, approximately 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and allow to simmer, stirring until alcohol has evaporated and the liquid has been mostly absorbed by the rice.
- Gradually add in the stock, one ladle at a time and allow the rice to absorb the liquid after each addition, stir through often. Repeat this process until all the stock has been used. Cook the rice for a further 5 minutes, or until it reaches a creamy consistency and the rice is cooked through. Add a little more water if further cooking is required.
- Before serving, add the butter and half of the parmesan cheese, stir through to combine well. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Divide amongst 4 plates and garnish with extra parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
Spanish Chorizo Traybake
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
Sweet Potato & Chicken Salad
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
Fijian Fish Curry
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
Japanese Soba Noodle Salad
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...