Risotto w Rob
- 400gm Coles Arborio Rice
- 5 Litres Massel Vegetable Liquid Stock
- 2 Tbsp. Cobram Estate Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 brown onion, finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1gm saffron threads
- 50gm unsalted butter
- 125gm parmesan, finely grated
- Place a heavy based pan over a medium heat and warm the oil. Add the onion and garlic, stirring continuously to avoid colouring, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Add the saffron threads and stir through for 1-2 minutes. Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the rice in the oil and onion mixture, approximately 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and allow to simmer, stirring until alcohol has evaporated and the liquid has been mostly absorbed by the rice.
- Gradually add in the stock, one ladle at a time and allow the rice to absorb the liquid after each addition, stir through often. Repeat this process until all the stock has been used. Cook the rice for a further 5 minutes, or until it reaches a creamy consistency and the rice is cooked through. Add a little more water if further cooking is required.
- Before serving, add the butter and half of the parmesan cheese, stir through to combine well. Taste and adjust seasoning if required. Divide amongst 4 plates and garnish with extra parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...