Roast Mushroom Cous Cous Salad
Perfect to go with BBQ steak or chicken, but hearty enough to be served as a vegetarian dinner as it is. Leftovers are great for a packed work lunch…
- 8 large whole Portobello mushrooms
- 2 x 100g packets Ainsley Harriott’s Wild Mushroom Cous Cous
- 300mls boiling water
- 100g Coles Danish Feta
- 30g Ballantyne Rolled Salted Butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and place them onto a lined oven tray with the stem side facing upwards.
- Divide the butter into the caps of the mushrooms, season with a pinch of sea salt and sprinkle with thyme. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Meanwhile place the cous cous into a large bowl and cover with 300ml boiling water. Cover and leave to steam for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and cook the beans with a pinch of sea salt for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Whisk the lemon juice, lemon zest, honey and remaining oil together.
- Pour the lemon dressing over the cous cous and toss through the cooked beans and parsley.
- Place the cous cous salad onto the base of a serving platter and top with the roast mushrooms. Garnish with crumbled feta, and almonds. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 brown onion, finely sliced 150gm Swiss brown mushrooms Salt and pepper 4 spring fresh thyme 100gm baby spinach 60gm Zoosh French Onion Dip 1 Tbsp...
RECIPE BY: Olivia Wells SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 cup Coles White Grain Quinoa 2 cups water 1 brown onion, diced 1 Red capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 green capsicum, deseeded and diced 1 tin corn or fresh corn 1 tin black beans 1 head broccoli 1 tin...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 red onions, sliced into wedges 4 carrots, peeled and halved lengthways 3 parsnips, peeled and halved lengthways 200g Brussel sprouts, halved (or quartered if very large) 3 cloves garlic, peeled and...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 20 large Coles green feta stuffed olives 1 cup plain flour 4 eggs, beaten 4 cups panko breadcrumbs Cobram Estate Light olive oil for deep frying LEMON-HERB MAYONNAISE: ¾ cup ZoOSh whole egg...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 230gm plain flour 1 tsp Bi Carb soda 125ml water 75ml Cobram Estate Classic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary 1 Tbsp Coles fennel seeds Salt METHOD: Set oven to 220C and...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 200g Arborio Rice 1L Massel Liquid Vegetable Stock 1 Onion, diced 2 Garlic Cloves, rougly chopped. 100mLs Chardonnay 150g Peas 150g Green Beans, chopped 150g Snow Peas, chopped 150g Celery, diced 3...