Roast Mushroom Cous Cous Salad
Perfect to go with BBQ steak or chicken, but hearty enough to be served as a vegetarian dinner as it is. Leftovers are great for a packed work lunch…
- 8 large whole Portobello mushrooms
- 2 x 100g packets Ainsley Harriott’s Wild Mushroom Cous Cous
- 300mls boiling water
- 100g Coles Danish Feta
- 30g Ballantyne Rolled Salted Butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and place them onto a lined oven tray with the stem side facing upwards.
- Divide the butter into the caps of the mushrooms, season with a pinch of sea salt and sprinkle with thyme. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Meanwhile place the cous cous into a large bowl and cover with 300ml boiling water. Cover and leave to steam for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and cook the beans with a pinch of sea salt for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Whisk the lemon juice, lemon zest, honey and remaining oil together.
- Pour the lemon dressing over the cous cous and toss through the cooked beans and parsley.
- Place the cous cous salad onto the base of a serving platter and top with the roast mushrooms. Garnish with crumbled feta, and almonds. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 x 230g Coles Finest Sirloin steaks 1 tablespoon Cobram Estate EVOO 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into noodles 2 red shallots (French ), finely sliced ½ cup loosely packed coriander leaves ½ cup...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 cups leftover cooked rice 2 Spanish chorizo, thickly sliced 3 Tbsp Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil 6 chicken thigh cutlets, bone in, skin on 2 red onions, thickly sliced 2 large red capsicums,...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x 400g bag Birds Eye Sweet Potato 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 2 medium sized chicken breast, trimmed 180g Jalna Lactose Free Greek...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 2 Coles Ocean Barramundi Fillets, sliced into ‘spoonful size’ pieces 1 Onion, diced 1 Cinnamon Quill 3 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced 1 birdseye Chilli, sliced lengthways Coriander Stem/root, diced 1 ½...
RECIPE BY: Chef Kinsan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 150g Hakubaku organic soba noodles (cooked) 30g carrot (thinly julienned into long strips) 1 lebanese cucumber (thinly julienned into long strips) ½ cup edamame (cooked and remove beans from pod) 1 handful...
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 500g Coles Fettuccini 250g Philadelphia Cream Cheese 100g Coles Parmesan Cheese, plus more for serving 1 Brown onion, diced 2 Garlic cloves, diced 125g baby Spinach Salt 1.5 tbsp Pepper ½ bunch parsley,...