Roast Mushroom Cous Cous Salad
Perfect to go with BBQ steak or chicken, but hearty enough to be served as a vegetarian dinner as it is. Leftovers are great for a packed work lunch…
- 8 large whole Portobello mushrooms
- 2 x 100g packets Ainsley Harriott’s Wild Mushroom Cous Cous
- 300mls boiling water
- 100g Coles Danish Feta
- 30g Ballantyne Rolled Salted Butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 200g green beans, trimmed
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- Cracked black pepper to serve
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and place them onto a lined oven tray with the stem side facing upwards.
- Divide the butter into the caps of the mushrooms, season with a pinch of sea salt and sprinkle with thyme. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Meanwhile place the cous cous into a large bowl and cover with 300ml boiling water. Cover and leave to steam for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and cook the beans with a pinch of sea salt for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Whisk the lemon juice, lemon zest, honey and remaining oil together.
- Pour the lemon dressing over the cous cous and toss through the cooked beans and parsley.
- Place the cous cous salad onto the base of a serving platter and top with the roast mushrooms. Garnish with crumbled feta, and almonds. Enjoy!
RECIPE BY: Michael Weldon SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 x Coles Penne Rigate 500g 1 x Coles Hot Smoked Salmon fillet 1 x ZoOSh Smoked Salmon dip ½ x Red onion, thinly sliced ½ jar Coles baby Capers ½ Dill bunch, roughly chopped (save a few sprigs for...
RECIPE BY: Courtney Roulston SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 700g baby new potatoes, boiled and diced 2/3 cup tablespoons crème fraiche 1 lemon, zest and juice ½ bunch dill, plus extra to serve 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed 4 red radish, thinly sliced Sea salt...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 1 Ham Hock 2.5 cups Yellow Split Peas 2 large brown onions, finely chopped 3 large carrots, grated 1 Litre Massel Salt Reduced stock Water Salt and Pepper METHOD: In a large stock pot or saucepan place...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: Cobram Estate EVOO for frying 8 medium squid hoods (750gm) ½ cup rice flour 1 Tbsp sea salt 1 Tbsp white pepper 2 tsp cracked black pepper 1 tsp Cayenne pepper (optional) Lime wedges to serve 2 egg...
RECIPE BY: Leslie Chan SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 350g rice (cooked) 120g pork (diced) Cobram Estate EVOO 50g pumpkin (diced) 2 eggs (beaten) 2 pcs Jade Phoenix shiitake mushrooms (soaked & diced) 75g prawns (deveined & diced) 50g scallops (diced)...
RECIPE BY: Matt Sinclair SERVING SIZE: 2 - 4 people INGREDIENTS: 3 tbsp butter 2 clove garlic, grated 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves 2 King brown mushrooms, sliced 200gm Swiss brown (or button) mushrooms, sliced 100gm Oyster mushrooms, roughly torn Salt 400gm tagliatelle...